SteamVR 1.16.1 and -Valve INDEX observation

If you’re taking about SteamVR settings I totally agree, that would be great!

I would certainly like the clouds to go from LOW or MEDIUM (at takeoff when I need lots of FPS ) to HIGH-ULTRA above a certain AGL when buildings and trees aren’t as important. Obviously it isn’t this simple but it still would be a nice option that would help.

Actually I find this a very good idea!

My tests are showing I can settles on a base settings configuration and the ones I’m probably adjusting the most during flight in order to balance performance, are clouds and Terrain LOD. What is neat with clouds is they probably lends well into auto-adjusting their rendering resolution because of their “fluffy” look, and so is Terrain LOD if you keep it in a “reasonable” bracket, like 100% to 150%.

I’d very much like being able to tick the settings I’d like to auto adjust with low/high bracket values.

Yes, for XP11 there are plugins that adjust settings related to scenery and LOD on the fly according to performance (I use FlyAgi for example) and this is very handy to fly in VR smoothly no matter where I choose to fly. I hope we’ll see something like that for MSFS one day

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.