SteamVR - Force Reprojection

Does anyone know if it’s possible to force Reprojection? So If I were to set my Index to 80hz, it would never go over 40 fps and reproject up to 80.

The Oculus Tray Tool basically does that with ASW and seems to be helping Oculus users.

Yes it is in your Steam VR settings for the game, Motion Smoothing force on.

1 Like

Oh ok. I didn’t realize Motion Smoothing will cut the target framerate in half like ASW does. I’ll give it a shot but I’m not very hopeful. I have yet to see anyone say to use it in MSFS, and if it’s mentioned at all they say not to. Oculus’ version must be quite a bit better. Thanks.

My experience with Motion Smoothing, and why I turn it off with the Vive Pro, is that although it is great for smoothing out judder associated with fast lateral head movement, it creates unacceptable visual artifacts. Specifically it causes wobbling on the propeller, side views/wings and ground etc. which looks absolutely terrible. I have this issue with P3D and XPlane as well. The visual artifacts might be less obvious if you are flying jets or tubeliners though, so YMMV.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.