Steeler's Photo & Video Diary

Various photos and impressions from my flights.

Disclaimer:

The photos have been edited in Lightroom: auto-contrast, vignette (for effect), …

Sunset in Istanbul

Silhouette of the Sultan Ahmed Mosque.

LSZH

A rainy day at the finger dock in Zurich Kloten (LSZH).

Seagulls

Seagulls in Norway.

9 Likes

Scotland

Flight from London Heathrow (EGLL) to Inverness (EGPE). Here: descent towards Inverness.

4 Likes

The photos are superb

2 Likes

Rega Helicopter

A parked Rega helicopter at Zurich Kloten (LSZH). This model is part of the LSZH scenery (available in the Market Place).

Night in the cockpit

Flight from Zurich (LSZH) to Dubai International (OMDB).

Dubai

Dubai city and surroundings, with custom cloud settings - and just the perfect “golden hour” time :wink:

Skyline

Burj al Arab

A luxury ship anchored in Dubai

6 Likes

Bernese Alps

Flight from Bern-Belp (LSZB) to Geneva. In the background the Bernese Alps.

5 Likes

Lake of Thun

Flying with an X-Cub from Interlaken (LSMI - a former military airport) to Bern-Belp (LSZB). In the background the mountains Eiger and Mönch.

3 Likes

Grosser Mythen

The Grosser Mythen is a landmark in canton of Schwyz (Switzerland). The model here is from https://flightsim.to/file/1776/mythen-wip by @ChruutvoLuzi.

And what does the U.S. Forest Service do in this area? Yeah, never mind: small issue with the autopilot :wink:

1 Like

Valle di Blenio

Flying from St. Gotthard Pass towards Bellinzona. Below us is the Ticino river. The canton of Ticino is the Italian speaking part of Switzerland.

2 Likes

St. Moritz

Delivering a VIP from Geneva to St. Moritz :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pilots of the Carribean

Island hopping with [Foot] Bay of Mexico Islands Part 3 - C172

1 Like

Pilots of the Carribean - Leg 4

Some more impressions from the “Pilots of the Carribean” tour [Foot] Pilots of the Caribbean Part 4 - C172

Final Destination

The airport TNCS is named after the Aruban Minister Juancho Irausquin.

The airport has the shortest commercial runway in the world, only 400 metres (1,312 ft) long, flanked on one side by high hills, with cliffs that drop into the sea at both ends. [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juancho_E._Yrausquin_Airport]

3 Likes

The White House

2 Likes

The Lord of the Wings - The Spike Tower

As seen from Interlaken airport (LSMI), Switzerland. Interestingly the “tower” is even lit (the FS 2020 mesh generator must really think that this is a building of some sort ;))

Note: overlay of several FS2020 screenshots (custom “Storm” weather at dusk) - and edited for effect :wink:

4 Likes

Hong Kong

Hong Kong community fly-in event.

1 Like

A dull Saturday afternoon in LSZH, an exciting day in the cockpit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Today I checked out the new scenery in the UK. London totally killed my framerate, so I thought I’d give Scotland a visit :slight_smile:

I started in thick clouds and rain. “Yes, England!” - but as is typical for Scotland the clouds quickly dispersed and gave way to this beautiful view of the Glenfinnan viaduct:

The second screenshot is the Loch Coruisk on the Isle of Skye. I have been to this place for real and the low-hanging clouds really add to the ambiance as I have it in memory:

From the southern end the Scavaig River, only a few hundred yards long, discharges into a sea loch, Loch Scavaig.

This makes the Scavaig river one of the shortest rivers in the UK (and in Europe).

3 Likes

Go Stillers! :wink:

This time I created an entire video instead of a single photo:

Video taken at Davis Monthan aircraft boneyard - the largest of its kind.

2 Likes

Spontaneous meeting of three Spitfires over the channel, then landing in Calais.

3 Likes

Even the crash sites look gorgeous here :wink:

The Simmental (Switzerland)

Closest airport: St. Stephan (LSTS)

Below: the small town Lenk im Simmental.

2 Likes