SteppingBorders Project Pt. 1: Canada

SBP 1: Canada #011
Flight from Alexandria (CNS4) to Pembroke (CYTA).

1. Fields between Moose Creek and Maxville near Highway 138.

2. The Moose Creek Landfill (right) with Moose Creek Bog to the left.

3. The suburbs Barrhaven (left) and Riverside South (right) of the Canadian capital Ottawa. The prominent bridge across the Rideau River (center) is the Vimy Memorial Bridge.

4. Bridlewood suburb (left) and Lafarge Quarry (right). Ottawa proper and the Ottawa River can be seen in the distance.

5. Landscape near Renfew to the northwest of Ottawa. The Ottawa River is visible in the distance as well as Chenaux Island and the Ile de la Compagnie (far right background, in the riverbend).

6. Muskrat River with its many lakes and ponds. Haley Station sits to our left along the Highway 17.

Notes:

• I don’t know what it is about those weird field textures that appear in random patches within normal texturized areas. Noticed them in Quebec and now to the west of Ottawa. Strange.
  • I thought I might have shot a beautiful picture of an archaeological digsite or a construction area for a great structure in Picture 2 - but no: It’s just a beautiful picture of a very magnificient landfill.
  • Somehow I have a knack for picking routes that lead us around important cities. But that’s okay, I like shooting landscape pictures much more than city imagery.
2 Likes