SteppingBorders Project Pt. 1: Canada

SBP 1: Canada #004
Flight from Baddeck / Crown Jewel (CDW2) to Trenton (CYTN).

1. Taken near MacMillans Mountain. The northern part of St. Patricks Channel (center) and Baddeck Bay (left) can be seen in the distance while Baddeck River and it’s estuary Back Bay can be spotted to the right.

2. Taken near Cat Point (right foreground) with MacDonalds Cove to the right and South Cove to the left of it. The entirety of St. Patricks Channel can be seen behind us as well as the Morris Point Peninsula (left background).

3. Crossing the Strait of Canso near Port Hastings (left near the road) with Porcupine Mountain in front of us. Inhabitants Bay can be seen in the far distance.

4. Taken between Arthurs Point and Bowman Head (center) on the coast of St. George’s Bay. The Tracadie West Arm can be seen below us, while Tracadie Harbour sits behind it to the right.

5. Antigonish Landing near the City of Antigonish with the western arm of Antigonish Harbour in front of it.

6. Taken above Blackhall Gut in Merrigomish Harbour. Little Harbour and Melmerby Beach Peninsula can be seen to our right.

Notes:

• Nova Scotia is a nice scenery change after the highlands and bogs of Newfoundland. This is more of a hilly woodland with a lot of small coves and bays.
  • I chose not to fly in a direct way as usual (which I do normally to keep up an element of surprise for myself) so I could visit the Strait of Canso which divides Nova Scotia proper and Cape Breton Island.
  • This concludes our Nova Scotia trip. Tomorrow we’ll cross over to Prince Edward Island.
1 Like