SteppingBorders Project Pt. 1: Canada

SBP 1: Canada #006
Flight from Cable Head Airpark (CCA3) to Mount Pleasant (CCE2).

1. After take-off above St. Peters Bay with the Southern Gulf of Saint Lawrence in the background.

2. Crossing Morell River at Morell. To our right is the northernmost part of St. Peters Bay.

3. Flying down the Hillsborough River Estuary towards Charlottetown. The city itself can be seen where North River Estuary (right distance), West River Estuary (center background) and Hillsborough River Estuary join together to form Charlottetown Harbour.

4. Rural landscape near Hartsville with Hopedale Road behind us.

5. A similar shot (which I didn’t notice until now) taken near Grahams Road (the town) with Grahams Road (the road) running behind us. New London Bay with Southwest River Estuary (left) and Stanley River Estuary (right) can be seen to the left.

6. Taken above Malpeque Bay near Little Courtin Island. The Airport of Summerside can be spotted in the background near Bentick Cove (left) while Grand River Estuary joins the bay to the right.

Notes:

• I felt like flying this evening so I did tomorrow’s scheduled flight today. I think I’ll scratch my initial plan of “one flight per day” and do as I please.
  • I tried my hand at an “action shot” while turning above Charlottetown: It would have worked but the lighting wasn’t good so the city looked extremely washed-out.
  • These flights in the eastern provinces of Canada really help me confront my Thalassophobia (= fear of the sea / ocean). It isn’t as bad as it was before where I got sick as soon as I was flying above the sea.