Stewart [KSWF] ATIS wrong frequency since latest update

The ATIS for KSWF (one of the latest bespoke airport updates) should be 124.575. Tuning this on the comm channel will not give the ATIS. If you select the airport from ‘nearest airports’ it has an option to tune to ATIS, this option uses the frequency 124.570 and you do get the ATIS broadcast if you select it. That is the wrong frequency though and it is also not possible to tune it manually. This was working OK before the update.

The new airport looks fantastic BTW. I’m sorry for posting this here, but I have no option to report a bug to Zendesk. I can only view existing ones. Not sure what the deal is with that, but wanted to put this out there. Hopefully some dev will see it.

THIS IS STILL A PROBLEM that has not been fixed for more than a year! And it causes other failures with turning knobs in MSFS.

ATIS frequency for KSWF is shown incorrectly in ATC menu as: 124.570 and is set up incorrectly in the MSFS database.
The correct frequency for KSWF ATIS is: 124.575

124.570 MHz is not tunable on normal aircraft radios IRL because it is not in the 25 kHz frequency increment pattern for standard aviation VHF radio channels. It is not tunable by twisting the radio frequency knob in MSFS either, for the same reason. In MSFS when I was at KSWF and I tuned the correct frequency 124.575, I heard no ATIS so MSFS isn’t providing the ATIS on the correct frequency, either.

However, when I attempted to tune that (wrong) frequency by pressing the selection number on the ATC menu, the MSFS radio tuned to 124.570 and I could hear the ATIS.

However, that then caused several problems with the avionics. I was using the “Textron Aviation Beechcraft Bonanza G36” with the “Working Title Garmin G1000 Nxi” avionics, both from the MSFS Marketplace. Several of the twist knobs would not work properly after that, e.g. Range knob on the MFD, inner radio tuning knob, etc. did not work after I tuned the wrong frequency using the keyboard or mouse to select the frequency from the ATC window’s menu. I had to restart MSFS to get it to work properly again, and avoid tuning the ATIS at KSWF.

It is doubtful that this will ever be corrected in the sim. After making this post and bug report, I have since started using Navigraph which provides navdata that replaces the sims navdata and is updated regularly. The KSWF ATIS frequency is correct when using that. However, Navigraph is payware so I don’t know if that is an option for you, but wanted to point out that it is a solution to the issue.

What is really sad about KSWF is that they actually chose that airport to improve it as a ‘bespoke’ airport and it is modeled quite nice actually, but for some reason they just can’t see their way to correct the ATIS frequency issue. As I said though, if you do use the Navigraph navdata, all will work well at the airport.