Still CTD's after fixing the Weather server

With Live Weather it is still the same. After 1 hour and 6 minutes a CTD. Dear MS, I don’t know what you have done - but the simulator is unplayable at the moment. There were no problems until Jan 1, but now it is a disaster. The simulator seems to be completely broken at the moment. If it is not possible to make a flight from Vienna to Salzburg with only a Cessna 172, then the simulator is worthless. Normally I am very patient, but at the moment I am very very dissatisfied. What the hell just happened?

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
PC
Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
MS
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No
Brief description of the issue:
Tried to fly only VFR with a Cessna 172 from LOAV to LOWS. After 66 minutes got a CTD!
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
Sorry not possible
Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Try to fly in active live weather this route
PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:
Intel Corei7-10700K CPU @ 4.7GHz
32GB RAM
Windows 10 Pro - 20H2 - build 19042.1415
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 16GB
1 Gbps LAN connection.
MSFS Version 1.21.13.0
Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
MSFS Version 1.21.13.0

Here my report from my Computer:
Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: FlightSimulator.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: FlightSimulator.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x000000000102315b
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x5284
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d800c949899b57
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Berichtskennung: dcfd921b-44a5-4afe-a98c-b95fa0d6ed31
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: App

I am getting CTD minutes after loading in to airport.

4 Likes

Try the SU7 beta.

I get ctd every time I do a flight, I am on xbox with no addons, just the base game, and it’s unplayable, something is very very wrong with sim ,in my opinion this ctd issue needs to be addressed ASAP, its affecting both pc and console so its has to be something with the sim its self, come on microsoft/Asobo get this sorted

1 Like

I’m also disappointed with the current status of the sim. I had hoped that the current beta would have been sorted out prior to shutting down for the holidays. I host a number of events each week and prefer to stick with a “stable” version of the sim as opposed to using a problematic beta. Clearly it is so problematic that it can’t be released as a stable update.

I’ve had a number of issues on top of all the known issues that the beta is attempting to address. I don’t play with my tried and tested settings, as they have worked flawlessly over time, so these issues are introduced via updates/server issues.

Performance issues: In VR I’ve noticed weird jumping effects or the view sticking with you as you move, that I haven’t experienced before. Normally my view is rock solid. Now when I look out the side window, the view moves in and out.

I also noted that the GPU sits on 100% all the time while in the sim. Even just loading up to the Main Menu, the GPU (using the Task Manager Performance graph) sits on 100%. If I load XPlane, as a comparison, with settings maxed out, it sits on around 12%.

In attempt to throuble shoot the issues, I’ve cleared my Community Folder and even dumbed down my settings as low as LOW. Still the issues persist - AMAZING.

Now, I’m finding that flying in an event of around two hours the sim crashes to desktop, usually on approach to the destination airport.

The recent weather issue is crazy. Why can’t this be easily fixed. It is clearly an issue at the server end as our sims haven’t changed. Flying in multiplayer environments where the weather is critical, e.g., VATSIM is impossible. You can’t pick a weather preset, as it freeze the weather everywhere and ther is no change based on local weather conditions.

The weather is one of the main reasons I fly in MSFS.

These issues need to be sorted out urgently, as it is destroying all the goodwill created to date.

I am on the SU7 (1.21.18.0).

Within minutes CTD, in my case even before I start a flight.
When selecting an airport (with live weather on), airport is showing - - for wind.

As I was typing, I just tried again and now gating live weather, no CTD so far.

1 Like

So far, I have been having good luck. I hope it gets sorted soon.

Yes, with live weather now loading, no CTD. My local airports on East Coast are looking good.

1 Like

Update OS to the latest version 21H2 19044.1415
Also update BIOS.

What about motherboard?

Is anyones sim loading too slow? Never had this happen before, but it seems to take about 5-7mins to load since this live weather stuff has been addressed.

Intel i9 10900f running at 5.0ghz
RTX 2080 Super 8gb
64Gb HyperX Predator ram
Asus Z490 motherboard
Windows 10 pro
MSFS Installed on M2 ssd

As reasonable as that sounds, it’s not entirely true. Many sim updates include attempts to improve the balance between performance and looks, and often you’ll have to tweak some setting to get what you had before.

One example is the much overlooked increase in the number and range of LOD levels that came with SU7, which was implemented to reduce noticeable “morphing” in mountain regions. But the terrain LOD slider did not change, so you had to reduce it to get back the same performance in terms of FPS and stutters that you had before SU7.

To stay on topic, let me add that the sim is much more likely to crash when it’s CPU-limited, which is likely to happen if terrain LOD is set too high.

The sim was performing well after the last update. It started playing up over the last two weeks.

Live Weather is causing CTD/freezing issues the same as it did last week with the recent update. Time to play offline again I guess…

Can’t validate that. The update works well, no CTD/freezing issues so far. Did quite a couple of flights in Europe, USA and Mexico. Everything including Live Weather and Live Traffic works smooth and fantastic.

of course !!! all is perfect from your side ! it is not possible you have never get CTD , everybody get it .

I’ve only started using live weather this week as I normally fly at night in real life so change to presets to be able to fly in the day.

I was getting constant CTD, often not even making it as far as the flight itself, it would just crash on the flight loading screen.

I disabled live weather and its fine again now, so I’m guessing this hasn’t been fixed yet. Hopefully in SU8 at the end of the month.

1 Like