Still CTD in 1.18.14.0

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
No

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
Game crash systematically when loading the landing challenge New-York KJFK with the B-747-8.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
Event report (in french sorry):

Nom de l’application défaillante FlightSimulator.exe, version : 1.18.14.0, horodatage : 0x00000000
Nom du module défaillant : FlightSimulator.exe, version : 1.18.14.0, horodatage : 0x00000000
Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
Décalage d’erreur : 0x00000000009e9118
ID du processus défaillant : 0x2d24
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d785756c878809
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
ID de rapport : 073f4d64-249f-4592-ad6f-a10aa784b44e
Nom complet du package défaillant :
ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

1. Launch Game
  2. Go to “Activities”/“Landing challenge”/“Famous” (not sure of the word in english) then select the 6th landing challenge : New-York KJFK with the B-747-8.
  3. Click on the “start flight” button
  4. … Game crash during loading

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

• 5800X
  • 32GB of Ram @3200Mhz
  • GTX 1070

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
Still appears after the hotfix 1.18.14.0

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

This update is a joke. Flight simulator had a difficult start with all the bug during first updates one year ago. But the last update (4) was very clean and it’s not acceptable all the bug added with this new release. Flight Simulator is not sell as an early-access game. And we’re not in a PTU version !!!

same had multiple ctd even after hotfix

3 Likes

Also updated to 1.18.14.0 and was able to fly around in a Bonanza and the in the C172 for about 40 min altogether. Then again CTD on approach to Santa Monica.

30.07.2021 19:41
Application Error
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001a123c7
Faulting process id: 0x3978
Faulting application start time: 0x01d785752fa83ef7
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 6a8d7bbb-1aca-43ef-a4fe-0f4001c7cb4f
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

1 Like

Still getting CTD after about 30 seconds in the main menu. Community folder is empty.

3 Likes

Using right click mouse looking caused the crash for me in the newest hotfix.
I actually got to take off and fly for about 5 mins then I looked left with the mouse and crash. Happened outside and inside the plane.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001a123c7
Faulting process id: 0x2b60
Faulting application start time: 0x01d78584a47a2fa5
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: a960c4b3-8f8f-4067-97ce-ca5d1d8a0534
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

NO addon, Flight plan loaded, No community folder, V sync off.

1 Like

I may have come up with a solution I have been flying for a few minutes will report back in i can fly more than 35mins :slight_smile:

Given up on it, a year down the line and its worse now than launch, Thanks for getting me to waste $$$ on this failure.

2 Likes

------------------------- EDIT ----------------------

It seems lot of people are having success with the repair tool and reinstalling .net option without resetting settings of their game. So try option 3 and 4 first and if that fails try the whole sequence

OK I seemed to have fixed my issues.

I did nearly everything I could think of but I believe this is what fixes it. I read the crash dumps for flightsim and it’s memory access error from .net

So what to do. Try this first.

PREFIX: MAKE SURE YOU KNOW YOUR FLIGHTSIM INSTALL DIRECTORY

1. Do the hotfix and window update.
  2. Go to Settings / Apps / Microsoft flight simulator. (search in list if you havent) / Advanced options / RESET APP DATA.

IMPORTANT!: (This will clear your app data and reset all paths (you wont have to redownload your sim unless you make a mistake on the path when it asks at the update). As long as you point to where your current install is again it will not redownload the sim. It will resync your settings after launch so don’t worry.

1. Go to microsoft store and make sure no .net updates are available. I had one. If you don’t have the ms store maybe install the lastest .net runtime from the ms site.

2. Run Download Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool from Official Microsoft Download Center The .net repair tool and fix any errors it finds.

3. Relaunch the game and make sure you point the update directory into your current flight sim install and it should work.

You should launch with an empty community folder just to see if this fix works before adding in your add-on

Any idea for steam ? (I don’t have the advanced option for the Microsoft flight simulator as it was installed by steam and not microsoft store)

1 Like

I haven’t got steam version so not 100% sure. But it should save the appdata in the same place.
You would need to have the view hidden files options in explorer enabled to see it.

should be somewhere like C:\Users[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\Packages\ Microsoft.Flight_8wekyb3d8bbwe\

I believe that’s the directory the APP settings get erased. I would make a copy as a backup just incase something goes down then erase the files in the directory structure one by one while keeping the folders intact.

Can’t be 100% sure though.

I just checked and they were the folders modded at the time I cleared the settings on the app settings. There is also a folder in LOCAL flightsimulator but i think thats just map cache.

1 Like

Just checked my appdata, and there’s no such folder in the Packages directory (I’m a steam user).

If you go to your dev mode you can go to Go to Tools/virtual file system/Watched Bases.
it will show you the directories it uses.

It could be under steamapps / common maybe???
\

1 Like

Ho god, thanks a lot @KorruptCow !!

I don’t have the folder you’ve mentionned, so I’ve skipped these steps. BUT :

Restart my computer, and now I’ve no longer any CTD ! I was just able to made the 3 last landing challenge which crashed all the time before!

Also, after restarting the game I got a new update of about 400 MB (maybe linked to my updated .net packages ?)

It seems to work ! Without deleting any data, juste updating .net runtime . Thanks a lot !

1 Like

I figured since the memory access was from .net it was an .net issue but wasnt sure. If it was the settings i deleted or the .net :smiley:

Same. 1.18.14.0 just installed and now I also CTD shortly after takeoff in B748.

yay.

1 Like

try removing any 3rd party addons. not just community folder, but any purchased from market place also

1 Like

How big was the update? I only got a 340Kb download :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Didn’t work for me at all.

Updated the runtime 5 and core runtime 3, net framework was already updated. Restarted the pc and still getting CTD just seconds after getting into the world map screen.

2 Likes

For about 5 hrs it worked. Now all it does is CTD when I hit fly. No mods, nothing. Ugh.

Can anyone tell me how big the hotfix was meant to be?