Still CTD in 1.18.14.0

A bit less than 400kb.

1 Like

Try the repair tool and erase settings?

Can you show your crash file from event viewer?

Here the hotfix changed nothing. The game still crashes when I enter the world map or click Fly.

Same for me Hotfix did not work nor the updates described in this thread. It still crashes when I hit Fly. Brand new install btw with nothing in community folder.

Here is what “worked” for me. Remove everything from the community folder. Do a complete reinstall. All 140 plus gigs. Do NOT put anything back in the community folder. I am now able to load from the world map and enjoy the sim but do miss a number of mod aircraft and spiffed up airports and scenery.

After 72 hours 160 Gb downloading (was told it was only 40 Gb update) (already had game installed didn’t delete or uninstall) community folder was emptied as suggested) game was working fine 130 hours flights in past 12 months. Now get CTD on loading screen " “mandatory update please install from MS store”–that what its been doing for the past three days and 160 Gb later! Now nothing just crashes when I click install update.

Freezes as soon as i hit ready to fly
Cant use Airports that were formerly add ons as starting points for flights it freezes
Shows live traffic on world map and VFR map but traffic cant be seen in the sky from cockpit or outside view
When it does work getting fantastic frame rates and smoothness
Unfortunately im not super knowledgeable with PCs so i dont know what to do next,really dissapointed and frustrated had sim working fine finally prior to this nightmare.

If it crashes on a fresh install it’s has to be something else in your windows setup. Did you try the .net update /repair from my post?

Go to event viewer and post your crash log from there.

Worked for about an hour. CTD at start of Tokyo Adventure. Now no flights will load after a restart. Back to the endless blue line. I give up.

Thank you doing .net repair and apps and features repair and reset xbox gaming app got me back to downloading update.Still cannot figure out that I have downloaded over 160 GB in the download screen it still saying I have 17.20 GB to go and says 1/272 ?
The Xbox gaming app has been crashing after I try to launch it for the last 8 weeks and still is. I would prefer not to do a complete windows reinstall.
I have MSFS 2020 in the windows start cue menu as a short cut and it has worked floorless from there for months.

Downloaded hotfix, nothing in community folder.
Keeps freezing on loading page when I set up a flight from London city. I originally had the orbx london city addon but I had taken it off. However succesfully had flight from EGCC manchester. Saying that I used to have macco manchester scenery. One thing I know is since up take over course of 2 hours flying testing I had to restart my computer 8 times because of CTD or freezes. Things seem to have improved a bit after hotfix but Im still getting random freezes on load screen and have to force quit. We shouldbt be expected to delve into folders, update this that any other. Not everyones a computer geek, it should just work. Come on asobo, I was starting to invest in add on planes and airports and you have just made a mess of all this. Such a shame as visuals etc are great but Im loosing interest fast. Lets have some proper feedback and appology from you guys.

2 Likes

Same for me. Did a flight of almost 1 hour with the JF Arrow, worked perfect. Arrived at destination, shut down, got the logbook info, stayed in the flight to look around, then, when I pushed ESC to end the flight
 you got it : CTD !
Untill SU5, I NEVER once got a CTD. So, this update REALLY needs more than one fix :grimacing:

Same here, I had orbx london city addon, although I took everything out of community my loading page freezes when I try to fly from this airport and I have to force quit.
Sometime I can fly from other places but its hit and miss. Had no issue before this update.

To me, the hotfix made the game unplayable. CTDs at 15 min max. With SU5, at least if I could get more than 15 min of game, there would be no CTD.

flight planning is still screwed up when adding waypoints!.

after instaling the hotfix I had 2 CTDs one after flight when I wanted to exit to the main menu and second in main menu when clicked WORLD MAP to create flght. In between I made two flights one on A320NX DEV mod EDDF-EPWR and second EPWR-EPSC on CJ4 12.6 MOD. First sector was good smooth no problems with tempreture on hight altitude. Second sector had little stutering on ground during taxi, later in the air everything was smooth. Only thing is that spead brake cannot be toglle from keybord or joystick asigned button (any soloution ) - CJ4. Smooth flights

And just now third CTD while loading flight EPSC aiprort a320 NX 
 BTW I have noticed that History airport which should change after each finished flight it is stuck to the airports I have visited berfore update 5
 any solution for that?

The FBW mod is useless

nope, its screwed like anything to do with flight planning

If you use the DEV version downloaded directly from their site, it should work with the FBW.
But other than that I agree that one should always test if the CTDs still happen when the Community Folder is empty as well as everything 3rd party from the marketplace is deleted. (+rebuild content.xml +delete saved cockpit states and temp scenery files in appdata/local/packages)