Still flying in 1080p?

Sigh. I’ll bite.

Response time is a measure of how fast the pixels on a monitor can change color. Higher response times == blurrier image. Has absolutely nothing to do with FPS.

Gsync constantly change the monitors refresh rate to match the fps in game. This removes tearing in the image, similar to Vsync. No effect on FPS.

The bandwidth of the cable is a measure of much data you are able to transfer between your GPU and monitor. Low bandwidth cables might not be able to display certain resolutions or refresh rates but they will, A G A I N, never effect the in game FPS.

2 Likes

G-Sync locks frame rates to the upper limit of the monitor while FreeSync (with in-game Vsync turned off) will allow the graphics card to produce a higher frame rate. This introduces tearing, but also means that input lag is at an absolute minimum, which is important for twitch gamers such as those who play FPS titles.

Obviously, there’s a lot to the technology, wouldn’t you say? :wink:

You are trolling right? G-Sync is NVIDIAs implementation of adaptive sync, while Freesync is AMDs implementation of adaptive sync. They do the exact same thing(eliminate tearing), and nothing close to what you describe.

4 Likes

He’s not correct:)

Here’s the source article for the information posted earlier.

Neither G-Sync or Freesync caps your FPS to monitor refresh rate. Both turn off once your FPS is outside the adaptive sync range of the monitor. Of course, this will introduce tearing again. No competitive gamers in their right mind use any of these technologies because they cause input lag. Not as much as compared to Vsync, but still a noticeable amount. Input lag will indeed be less when your FPS exceed monitor refresh rate, because they TURN OFF(and because frametimes is lower), not because you use Freesync over G-Sync .

Anyway, how is your post a proof of G-Sync monitors giving an improvement in FPS? You are just spewing some random info you found (and it’s wrong).

What a kook! roflmao! :smiley:

I’m a kook for calling out your nonsense, got it.

Hello dear persons, I am sorry not to be “born in the USA” I was born in France 65 years ago using the numerous version of FS from 1980 on…and after spending a thousand euros to allow my computer to move from FSX to FS 2020, the result is still very poor I have an i5 9600KF, and (according to the vendor) “gamingplus” mother board msiH370/B360, a Nvidia GTX 1650 super video card and 16 Mbytes of DDR4 ram…Well it seems not to be enough. It looks like there is also need of a ultre high spped internet connection. a question to the “developers”, why is it not possible to fly from Corsica (or to) every time I try it, I got a nice warning telling me that an error occured and and Windows 10 repor the problem… bla bla bla. And I and blown away from the FS session.

And, yes I am still in 1080, because I have other thing to do of my money than buying the next year monitor (8K I guess ) that will require a 6000 euros or dollars video card just to display some infinitesimal details that nobody can see at a FPS than nobody can see either.

good luck guys, I think I will give up for a moment time for Microsoft to get down to the earth.

Regards,

JFC

1 Like

I am running a 55" TV as the main sim window, an old 24" curved samsung for the glass instruments (ADI and MFD) and a 27" for other windows such as the VFR Map, Bing Maps, Nav Charts, etc. My TV is an old one with only 1080p 60hz, I have an RTX 2060 with a Ryzen 5 3600, unsure if they could handle 1440 144hz at ULTRA.

1 Like