Still no VR zoom after Jan. update

Since original update 7 there has been no VR zoom [where you are looking]. Is this going to be addressed?

2 Likes

Very disappointing this wasnā€™t addressed,

2 Likes

It seems like anything that doesnā€™t have a direct effect on Xbox series consoles they donā€™t care about it. Itā€™s been turned into a video game and now thatā€™s their focus. No VR on Xbox so they donā€™t care.

I also find there is no response from VR-CAMERA RESET.

VR zoom is working fine in the cockpit for me (right click mouse - make sure this binding is assigned to VR zoom). If youā€™re not already aware, VR zoom doesnā€™t work in external view, nor should it really.

6 Likes

Works perfectly for me too

VR Zoom and Camera Reset both work fineā€¦redo your bindings.

Firstly thanks for the feedbackā€¦
As for the vr zoom, I have it mapped to my joy stick but post update 7 doesnā€™t do anythingā€¦is this no good, does it need to be mapped to the mouse only?

VR-CAMERA RESET is mapped to my throttle but it too doesnā€™t do anything post 7, does this also have to be mapped to my mouse?

Iā€™m using Reverb G2.

Can you please tell me what exactly is the mapping command.

VR reset and zoom working fine for me after update.

Are these the 2 settings youā€™re mapping to your joy stick/throttle?
Iā€™ve mapped and re-mapped to my stick or throttle but nothing happens inside vrā€¦outside the plane camera vr reset works fine?
Could it be my Reverb G2 is not compatible with these 2 commandsā€¦as non-sensible as it sounds?
Do these commands have to be ā€˜activatedā€™ somehow?
My mouse has these 2 mapped as well and they donā€™t work with the mouse either?

Screenshot 2022-01-08 001105

Working fine here bud

BTW, vr camera reset does work in vr for the initial entry into the flight when your told to resetā€¦ but once in-flight it will no longer functionā€¦is this what you all have or does in constantly work when in vr flight? For me it always used to reset before update 7.

Problem solved!
Found the answer to my question on AVSIM thanks to Paulcoy. ā€œIn General Options under Camera is a setting called ā€œHome Cockpit Modeā€. Not sure how but this had been set to ON, when I set it back to OFF, everything worked fine.ā€

1 Like

You probably set the home cockpit setting on just after SU7 was released as this was one of the workarounds to get the VR toolbar working again. With the recent update, this is no longer needed. Glad you got it sorted in any case.

2 Likes

Yes that is exactly what I didā€¦thanks for all your efforts!

Great, this helped me too. At one point I did turn on home cockpit mode but quickly turned it off as it didnā€™t help me at the time. So when I read this thread I was sceptical but when I checked, sure enough it was turned back on. So turning it off fixed it for me too.

And again we need to define what is perfectly.

Iā€™m glad it helped someone elseā€¦
Iā€™m sure I have at least 1 if not more settings enabled that would serve me better not being enabledā€¦or vice versa.
My point being, it would be great to find an actual manual out there that explains all these settings.
Anyone have any leads?

Hi!
Actually, I lose the zoom vr as soon as I open the toolbar.
I tried your suggestions but nothing worksā€¦
If I leave the VR mode and go back to it, I get the VR zoom back until I open the toolbarā€¦
Any ideas?