Still unable to even update to SU5 (no internet problem)

I still get an “Lost Connection” error when starting MSFS (see screenshot). I opened a ticket but just got a standard copy/paste answer with general instructions - I followed it point by point! But this was no success. I completely uninstalled and reinstalled MSFS with no success, still the same message.

Anyone else had this? Maybe you can help… as my ticket is several days old and “support” seems not interested.

Screenshot: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Thank you

1 Like

same here, as with my stupid useless wifi, it took three days and nights to get only 50 GB of game installed…
so i decided to invest money again, i m getting broke…lol…to get a new internet provider, new stuff, and after some research, i will get this connextion wired…so no more wifi.for me…too unstable…so i get the connection wired, as some guys here explained and advised, with some CPL boxes wired to my comp and the other to the modem…i get the installation on wed…i keep fingers crossed…and then after that i can eat pasta the whole month…lol…
Hope it helps…

I wish it where just the connection… but I have a pretty stable connection with up to 100mbits. This is not the problem in my case.

Hey, pasta is not that bad :yum:

true i love pasta…anyway, so i hope you will be able to fix the problem…i dont see where the problem could be…good luck

1 Like

Did you check for example if your windows doesn’t make any update for example and block your Sim on firewall? Or if you use a VPN if that is not making any conflict with your Sim? Or even if you wifi or Lan drivers are all up-to-date?
I have 500mb/s speed and all updates are downloaded fast and without issues. I updated all msfs stuff this weekend, because lack of time due my work, in a little bit more than 2 1/2 hours. I hear people here that they spent 3,4 or more hours or even days… That could be also internet coverage issue or provider fault.

Windows up to date.
Only using windows security - I excluded everything regarding MSFS from security. Tried starting with security completely off.
I start it always as ADMIN
I dont use a VPN.
All drivers up to date (just checked that) I am connected via LAN cable.
Just made a speedtest - 250Mbps, ping of 11ms.
Zero problems reported from internet provider and I have no problems with other services like Steam, internet in general, vatsim… Also the problem persists since the SU5 update…

AMD processor?

There is a magnification glass right top corner in which you can enter some words for searching:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/search?q=Connection%20Lost%20order%3Alatest

One Example:

Tried allready ?

PS.: and we can close one of your duplicated topics, or ?

1 Like

I used the search function but I have overseen this one! Logging out of the Xbox app (which i never use, so it was not on my radar) and starting msfs to force it to log in again did the trick, just downloading the update!
Thank you very much!

Please close the second post!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.