Story missions?

Hi all! Hope you’re getting to enjoy the game despite the issues :slight_smile:

My favourite feature from FSX were the missions, where you could fly around and save rhinos and have all kinds of fun with a voiced copilot and a story to go along.

Does anyone know if FS2020 will have a similar feature? The challenges and bush flying activities are fun, but I really miss a good treasure hunting chase like what we had in FSX! Made me feel like Indiana Jones.

If the feature isn’t there, is there any possibility of adding it through mods? I guess worst case scenario there could be a text-based mobile app separate from the game to give you a flight story, but I’d really love something like that!

3 Likes

The SDK does allow you to create “missions”, so it’s possible we’ll see something like that from third party developers. I’m not sure how in-depth it gets though.

And I totally agree. FSX was the first flight sim I played and I loved the missions so much; the narratives and sight-seeing really helped me fall in love with flight simming. I’ll never forget some of the missions, like the flight to Area 51 where you encounter a UFO. I learned about the Capsian Sea Monster Ekranoplan …

1 Like

I just played around with the SDK, and it has a pretty fun-looking visual story editor! Complete with adventure tracking features. No documentation on how to use it yet, but seems really promising :smiley:

I really enjoyed that Area 51 mission in FSX too!

Well, being able to mock Joe Exotic’s voice close enough, I can see some potential there :cowboy_hat_face:

I really hope so. I first got FSX when I was 11 and those missions inspired a love of aviation in me that I’ve carried all the way up to PPL training. I’m not a kid anymore, but features like those missions still have the capacity to inspire people who aren’t just here to recreate real world flight plans and fly them by the book.