Strange Artifacts post SU5

In my case fixed.

Contact Manuel @pidge2k via e-mail driverfeedback@nvidia.com
Add dxdiag.
Also take a screenshot of your game settings and nvidia control panel settings.

I’ve submitted a feedback form to Nvidia and would encourage other users experiencing this to do the same:

“It’s fixed for me” is a toxic, trolling response to an actual problem other people are having (see multiple threads). If you don’t have the problem or a solution, we are better off with you not responding.

1 Like

Please read carefully.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/strange-artifacts-post-su5/426969/54

Also please read …

Installing an old driver is not fixed. That’s a month old work around and I was confirming that before your attempt to derail the report by misstating the status of the bug.

Are you sure?

Yep
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/new-nvidia-drivers-471-96-whql-31-8-21-flickering-fix-reported/275276/738

Contact Manuel via e-mail driverfeedback@nvidia.com Add dxdiag. Also take a screenshot of your game settings and nvidia control panel settings.

Still have the chequered landing lights with the latest driver (471.96). This is not fixed.

1 Like

yep, infuriating

1 Like

Did you revert to the old driver again?

how can a game not run on the latest drivers and they not fix it??

Yeah back on the old driver, but I think I am just about done with this sim for the time being,

LOD distance reduced yet again, so horrible ring of trees around the aircraft a la FSX and P3D.
Clouds nerfed, don’t look anything like they did.
Lighting nerfed, just watched out way too high bloom and gamma.

So depressing

Anyone tried the new drivers with the latest hotfix? Seriously doubt anything will have changed but you never know.

Installed the latest driver last night, still getting the checkerboard landing lights after an hour flight. Super annoying. No other fix than rolling back to .77?

Eugh, what is going on here. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

I’ll try different settings tonight. So irritating tho. It’s not consistent.

1 Like

472.12 tested?

I haven’t tested anything new, still on the old ones! I will test but I don’t really have the motivation to when I know most likely I’ll just have to go through the whole process of removing and manually installing the old drivers.

2 Likes

Hello,

yesterday i was going to record some scenes. After 3 failed attempts, i get artefacts like you all. This seems happen randomly. I restarted my computer and it was gone. It is very annoying but I hope it will be fixed. Like you all mentioned, this issue have to do with lights. You can see it on my recorded video.

My specs: 9700K, 16 GB RAM, RTX 3080

First I thougt my 3080 is broken because of the HOT memory chips. This is a common issue of this cards.
But then I saw it on this forum that many of you guys have this problem too. Now im a little bit more relaxed :D.
Artifacts at 2:40 , 8:13 etc

i9 9900KF, Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 Xtreme.
Nvidia driver version 472.12 and in my case bug seems to be fixed so update your GPU drivers or download and install 466.77.