Strange Mesh Ball in the air

When starting a trip I simetimes get lime a mesh in front of the cockpit which hinders may view. When I set off flying tje see through windows fet bigger and I eventually become uninterrupted views. However as you look aeounf that kind of virtual meshed ball follows you. Approaching landing it starts getting in your view again and blocking the view. I did not experience this in the preprogramed bush flights. Thans for your help.

Sounds like your dev mode is on, if so disable it.
Can you screenshot it if you’re not using dev mode ?

Yes the Dev Mode is on so I can watch the Frame Rates. Thanks for the input. I will try to post a screenshot once the FS is up and running and I see the meshđŸ€

You can see frame rates with nvidia experience, msi afterburner, fraps and etc, there is plenty of programs for fps view

Yes, i did use Geforce Experience. But - those framerates don‘t tie in with the ones of the dev mode. Also the Dev Mode framerates display show origins of limitation: CPU or GPU. Anyhow I found my ideal settings so i can switch the dev. mode off. I am flying in High with 120 Scaling on a 1440p monitor. Nice picture and good framerates

That’s true and understandable reason for that usage for sure.
Im on max settings but 1080p screen and 30fps for airlines and and 50-70 for GAs

Wow! 50-70 Frames! You must have a very strong CPU! I get max 60 with Ryzen 7-5800x and RTX-3070.

Lime ball in the air? Do they implement UFO?

and again a developer mode issue
 don’t use the developer mod as “allways on” , it is not made for that reason !

no need for fps counter, go by how it feels, if its smooth its smooth.

1 Like

Ok, will do. Thanks

Developer mode also disables crash detection and the logbook.

It does however give you access to a (somewhat buggy) aircraft selector that allows you to change planes halfway through a flight.

Just enable it when you need it and keep it off otherwise.

its very much location dependent, not 50-70fps around KJFK but not bad either but mostly around these numbers regardless

Ok. What do you use the logbook for?

It keeps track of your hours of flight, and details about the flights you made. You can then easily see how many hours you’ve spent in the air, and more details on where and Day/night flight stats. I believe that also work in tracking your achievements.

Sounds good. I did however fly mostly in Dev Mode, looks like all these hours are lost?

Sadly yes, those have not been logged. The same happened to me and many before we realized dev mode cut all logging.

Closing this topic as developer mode was used and multiple questions on one topic.
RE: Flight Logs
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/will-asobo-investigate-logbook-issues/322837/16

As the developers have said: “When using developer mode, MSFS is no longer a simulator”.

1 Like