Street Light Time

Is there any way to adjust the time that street and city lights come on? I think that is one big thing missing on this sim. If it gets really dark cloudy during the day such as under a thunderstorm, the city lights do not come on.

2 Likes

While they are at it, night golf?

I can assure you our local municipal par 3 9 hole has no lighting.

2 Likes

I don’t follow. Sorry.

The golf coarse center of my screen shot, completely ringed with lights, there are no lights in real life.

1 Like

Ha, oh ok, got it. Sorry for the confusion. I bet that will be fixed never lol.

In the real world, I guess you would only fly IFR under those circumstances…
And also: Unless I was flying a real sturdy plane, I would avoid thunderstorm conditions.
I love flying but I love to stay alive just a little more :nerd_face:

There is actually a Wishlist post for that that you might want to check out:

classified as sports stadiums? Like little league baseball fields?

After seeing the pictures I may need to speak to city council, with the legal devil’s lettuce here with lights after dark the city would make a killing on Frisbee golf … just have to get the hippies in golf shoes or create alternate pins.

1 Like

Actually, there’s another similar post that brings up stadiums, too:

1 Like

That doesn’t happen in England anyway, not sure that actually happens anywhere does it?!

If it gets dark enough modern city street lights in the US do come on as the are only governed by simple light sensors.

However there are still many simple lights on a pole with no sensor and someone physically turns them on.

1 Like

Really? Don’t know where you live, but here in the UK I have seen ‘city lights’ come on (during heavy rain & / or thunderstorms) many times during my 68 years! Admittedly it depends just how dark it gets as they work on sensors that detect light levels. And although I have never witnessed it myself, I have seen plenty of photo’s where street lights have come on during a total solar eclipse.

1 Like

Yep, I third this. I see it happen here on the east coast US.

Excellent. Yes to all of that. I’m wondering if a third party developer might eventually do this.

1 Like

I’ve seen it here in America if it gets exceptionally dark under cloud cover. Pending thunderstorms. Im not saying to go fly in it, but when you are coming in for approach, a lot of times it will be quite dark on the ground, but no lights can be seen (in the sim). Usually the street lights will come on in real life. Also, in the morning and night, it is quite dark before the lights come on anywhere in the sim. I think it might be due to the sim being set to a fixed time to turn on the lights, but the seasonal change causes it to be off except for twice a year. If I remember right, back with FSX, you could get in the config file and adjust the time.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.