Stuck on a Loop! Can't get game started

‘Press any button to Start’

I press Enter,

Xbox login comes up “Welcome back”

I press ‘Let’s Go’

then it goes back to ‘Press any button to Start’

Why is it every time I try and play this game, I’m not allowed? I have to reinstall or do some crazy windows powershell repairs. This is absolutely crazy. I’m losing my mind here. Why can’t this game just play!!! Ever since xbox this has gotten in the way.

Not sure if this will help. Look here.

Thanks for the suggestions but no luck :frowning:

Hi cloudkicker7569. Have you been able to fix this yet.?? I’m having the exact same problem.

I’ve tried everything I can find on Google including a reinstall (twice!!). Not sure if this is linked to the MS Store/ XBox account/ linkage or not, but I’ve had MSFS since it was released, so why is this happening now?

hey there, no I’m still stuck. I keep trying every few days in hopes that it somehow fixed itself. I just reinstalled the whole sim before all these issues and I was about to reinstall it again this weekend but after reading your message I lost all hope. I’m extremely disappointed and have no idea what to do next. I’m at a stand still.

I gave it a try again today and this time I received a pop up asking if I want to run FS in safe mode. Apparently some 3rd party plugin is caused it to crash and it didn’t close properly the last time.

After I was able to open it in safe mode, it did an update and started working.

If you can find a way to use safe mode, see if that launches for you.

may be add a empty file running.lock into your AppData/…Microsoft Flight Simulator… folder :slight_smile: