Stuck parking brakes using Bonanza G36 Improvement Project

It’s happening to me right now. I am about to start a VFR from LFML to LFNG. I’m on runway 13L with the Bonanza G36 about to take off. I have authorization, I remove brakes, I give full throttle and … the plane does not move! It looks like it is nailed with iron nails to the floor of the track!

I have installed ‘workingtitle-g1000’ and ‘z-bonanza-g36-improvement-project’ only.

If I exit the screen and take the C172, it works fine, I release the brakes and take off. If I ride the G36 from gate 134, I release brakes normally and head to 13L for a smooth takeoff. It seems to only affect the G36 and track 13L together.
Has something similar ever happened to someone?

Retry, but without the G36 improvement mod installed. That should always be your very first troubleshooting step, determining if a new issue is at all related to any addons you have installed. You can safely forget about scenery packs, and the like, but that fact you have that G36 mod installed, and you are having issues with the G36, it’s not a stretch to consider them somewhat related.

2 Likes

I deactivate the G36 mod and the parking brake is unlocked. I activate the G36 mod again and it locks to the brake. It is something curious, it had never happened to me on any runway or in any airport. It is still something curious. You are right. Thank you.

1 Like

Same has happened to me in the grand caravan. Never new why?

3 Likes

Glad to hear it. It would be worth checking that you have the current version of the mod, and that if so that it is is compatible with the current version of MSFS.

I have installed “G36 Improvement Project (New v0.61 Update 03-11)” for the latest MSFS update. It will be software stuff. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Better to know that I am not alone in the world.

Same trouble here. With version 0.62 I am still experiencing this issue of brakes on. Even though you can see it off in the airplane, impossible to move even on full throttle.

1 Like

Disabling NumLock did the job for me.

Hello,

Since this is not happening in the base sim, I moved this into Third Party Addon Discussion > Aircraft.

We have a potential fix that is being tested for the next release. It can be downloaded from the development branch. GitHub - TheFrett/msfs_g36_project: Improvement project for the MSFS default G36.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Having problems getting the Project to load. I’ve downloaded the Nxi mod from Marketplace and it appears in my community folder. I then downloaded and extracted the msfs_g36 file from flightsim.to
folder to the community folder.

However, I don’t see any indication that the new G36 is being used. I was under the impression that the aircraft would show up in Aircraft Selection, but all that’s there is the standard Asobo G36. Am I missing something. Any help would be appreciated…
Thanks in advance

Hey,

That folder structure looks right to me. The only thing I can see is that you no longer need the workingtitle-g1000-v0.3.7 as the NXi is installed via the marketplace and the old G1000 will conflict.

Can you check that the files look something similar to this in the bonanza folder?

When you load up the sim you should see the aircraft here…

thanks for the quick reply, Cap! The files look exactly like that. There is no second Beech G36 in aircraft selection, however. I can remove the scenery app to see if that’s interfering, but that’s all I can think of…

It is strange; are the other mods loading? Definitely in the correct folder location? I know there sometimes can be two community folder locations.

1 Like

Yup, I believe so. One of the things I’d like to see in the sim is some way to tell which mods are active, some are such subtle changes, it’s hard to tell. But the scenery app seems to be going. Currently 15K above southern Wyoming and there’s snow on the ground… LOL!

1 Like

If you enable dev mode you can look at the console window (or one of the others) and see what packages are loaded.

You’re running the latest 0.6.6 form Flightsim.to?

Yes, 6.6 Beta 4. Not sure how to start Dev Mode while in flight, Dev mode is off the reservation for me, pretty sure I’d hose something up :grin:.

1 Like

You might have an older copy? I uploaded 0.6.6 on Jan 9th to flightsim.to Bonanza G36 Improvement Project » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Might be worth a quick re-download??

I’ll do that and see if there’s a diff. If not, Ill try removing the scenery app and see if it’s causing problems (I hope not, it’s the one app I use all the time). I’ll post back in a bit, gonna finish this flight LOL!

1 Like