Stutter and Stop at 10FPS introduced with World Update 3 still there with 1.14.6.0

I disagree that this is regional.

Since WU3 ive flown in Europe and the UK, The Caribbean, The US and India and this issue rears its head in every instance.

3 Likes

Agree. It doesnt matter where I fly so not regional. It just becomes more obvious around the more graphically demanding areas. I know exactly when the FPS will drop off. Best place is at 30,000 feet where I can still get 40-50fps with the A320.

1 Like

Any response from Asobo on this issue yet?

2 Likes

Its might be worth deleting your rolling cache. For me it helped.

2 Likes

I have the same problem but when im flying from OPF in a spot and then when i go to KTNT the performance becomes poor this dont happend before the update after update the problem cameā€¦

1 Like

It is great that they acknowledge there is an issue. It should be fixed in a hotfix update as soon as they find a fix because this bug makes the game unplayable.

1 Like

You see, you got me wrong. When I say that it is regional it means that in some parts of the globe it happens, not just in a region.

For better compression I will reformulate.

The performance drop occurs in specific quadrants spread across the globe.

I hope it made more sense for you now.

Tankyou!

1 Like

Yes. Asobo has already commented on the problem and said it is investigating the causes.

2 Likes

I have found two possible reasons for sudden fps drops and stutters:

1. Is related to the overlay windows for VFR map, ATC etc. When the fps drop massively and the system gets almost unresponsive, turning on and off these windows can help. If not needed, itā€™s best to disable them completely

2. The other one is strange: Sometimes while flying anywhere, the fps drop and the cpu goes up (in my case from about 25% to 50%). This is a different issue. Iā€™m still trying to find out more.

[EDIT: First I was thinking it was ATC related, but could not reproduce it]

This is not a solution. Tried that and no difference.

1 Like

Hi all,

I suffered the same symptoms. In my case, it tuned out that World Update 3 had changed the location of my (rather large) Rolling Cache file. Reverting that change solved the issue for me.

I followed the steps that you suggest, but the use of the GPU remains high in the region in question and the fall in FPS persists. Unfortunately

:face_with_thermometer:

1 Like

The rolling cache is known to cause performance issues since the beginning. Thatā€™s why I have disabled it already longtime ago (and the manual cache of course too). The problem discussed here seems to be introduced with WU3 and is probably something different.

1 Like

Yes, I delighted the cache to see if it could be causing the problem, but I didnā€™t get any performance improvement

1 Like

Same here, whenever Iā€™m on short approach or aligning with the runway for takeoff I get some massive stuttering, itā€™s been this way since the previous update

1 Like

OlieTsubasa443Community Manager
The team is aware that performances can be impacted for some users.
We are investigating, thank you for your reports.

thanks for the info!

but i donā€™t think that ā€˜the problem affects some usersā€™ but obviously a lot.

on the other hand i made the astonishing observation that now that the manual cache works in principle again without ctd exactly when i load EDDM in highest resolution and maximum possible range as manual cache again every time a ctd comes. and exactly this is the airport where i always have the stutter problem when approaching the 08L.

whether this is just coincidence or causal i donā€™t know.

cheers
tom

1 Like

Itā€™s not at all regional. Iā€™ve had it happen in the US, Canada, Australia, anywhere I go

1 Like

You see, you got me wrong. When I say that it is regional it means that in some parts of the globe it happens, not just in a region.

For better compression I will reformulate.

The performance drop occurs in specific quadrants spread across the globe.

I hope it made more sense for you now.

1 Like

:rofl: For some users they sayā€¦

4 Likes

Yes, I see that it happens everywhere.

1 Like