Stutter and Stop at 10FPS introduced with World Update 3 still there with 1.14.6.0

I really hope that the support is going to forward my video to devs, to show that isn’t an hardware problem … Asobo has to really weight there words before saying things in QA.

1 Like

same for me it’s like playing with russian roulette, you never know when you gonna hit one of this problem area …

2 Likes

same here 5800X + 6900XT+ 32gb RAM
GPU usage go to 0% → more stutter than game

Unplayable (flying above Upper Austria) near LOWL

2 Likes

Same issue here, from 30/40 FPS down to 10/12 FPS in an instant.

2 Likes

I’ve just caught the bugger mid-spike;
I was flying happily along with about 65 FPS when suddenly the frames tanked down to 20 or so. I immediately opened Task Manager and there we have it; Mid-way along the CPU and GPU graphs to the left you can see at a glance that the CPU has spiked up to 90% and the GPU has taken a winger down to 10-15% Then, after 15 seconds (my red line on graph) or so the Frames suddenly shot up again with the - GPU back to 97% and CPU down to 46% - where they should be.
Something is causing this and it is only since the UK Update and worse with the latest Update 3 that it has.

Same problem for me. Game is unplayable at the moment.

2 Likes

Witam wszystkich. Potwierdzam pojawiające się problemy z nagłym obniżeniem FPS. Jest to bardzo irytujące.

1 Like

I agree with you. I have 350Gb of mods and somehow I have no performance issues.

Try to fly near the harbour of Miami, go down the coast to miami beach, you gonna encounter the problem …

From my side I have clearly isolated that the problem is linked to the LOD settings … decreasing this settings to 50 already help, 25 correct the problem … but that’s clearly not a solution and there is really a bug somewhere on these multiple bermuda triangles.ro

I did this and no stutters, locked in at 30FPS vsync… I wonder if there’s something I can share to help compare?

EDIT: Well - after I paused and unpaused from taking the screenshot to post it went to s-h-i-t.

EDIT2: Using the same flight session (stayed in Miami), I set my Terrain LOD to 75 and my stutters went away. So maybe it’s not as bad as many of you are seeing (I’m sorry you’re all having issues), but it’s definitely there.

Note - I’m on a gaming laptop - Razer Blade 15, 10875h (8/16), 2080 maxq, 32Gb, 1Tb nvme.

2 Likes

Periodic stutter was first noticed on my end after Sim Update 3. I ran the same flight where the stuttering was at regular intervals and extremely pronounced: down the Florida coast from Tampa KTPA to Fort Myers KFMY. I put in the following changes, and it was greatly reduced, but still present after awhile. I strongly suspect it is indeed the LOD setting causing it.

Terrain LOD reduced from 135 to 40.
Render scale 3840x2160 at 80 reduced to 40.
Emptied community folder.
Let the sim sit on the menu screen for awhile after startup per suggestion in another thread.
AI and Multiplayer traffic unchanged from off.
Live Weather on.

Machine is an AMD 5900x with SMT off.
Zotac RTX 3090 at stock with 456.71 driver
64gb of 3600 CL16 RAM
1.5 TB free on the Sabrent Rocket nvme gen4 PCIe m.2
Connection is 25 Mbps down

Really upset about the delay in working on a resolution of the problem that is directly affecting several people and making it impossible for them to enjoy the simulator.

I hoped it was a case that could be dealt with more urgently by Asobo, given that the problem did not exist in the previous version.

Apparently we will have to wait until the American summer
:face_with_thermometer:

1 Like

Same here. Stutters, random freezes, tanking FPS

2 Likes

I’m sure it’s affecting more then several people :slight_smile:

I would like to think Asobo is going to take this very seriously I hope and has been stated already in other posts, as this would be in their best interest to do so.

For a lot of people right now the sim is unusable.

2 Likes

fu… summer 2021, they are kidding us !!!

1 Like

Dear all I am havign exactly this same issue since Japan Update , have not enjoyed flying this Sim since then, Exactly same ISSUE, LOWEST Settings still stutters . Thank you for posting the Video, Exactly same issue.

1 Like

Well it is a good Game, but right now not playable so I understand, it will need some time, good thing we have other Sims to go back to. Good luck to all of us, and patience.

1 Like

Yeah, I hear ya. Here’s the double edge sword… Hopefully, Asobo can fix this issue but at the same time not mess something up to where folks who were not having issues all the sudden have performance and or other problems visa versa.

They really need to make these patches optional or at least properly beta tested, before forced release.

Asobo needs to understand that a lot of folks are having issues and can’t simply ignore addressing these issues and putting it on the back burner for optimization patch next year because they can get away with it. Meanwhile thousands of people are stuck with a broken sim. The only way for them to take this serious, is for us to voice our concern and put a little pressure on them.

The way I see it is before this last patch the sim ran just fine.

My 2 cents.

3 Likes

come on guys,i am laughing with all these “fixes”
No graphics option downgrade change anything.5sec stutters and random freezes are here to stay.
Microsoft said that the PC world industry estimate a 2,1 billion$ growth from hardware buying in general,from us users.
Well…i gave a 1000euros for a 6800xt Nitro Plus SE(mind the inflated prices) and for what ? To have a stuttering MFS ?

1 Like