Stuttering after the Hotfix version 1.15.8.0

Did somebody have the same issue ?

Between the world update and the hotfix, the sim runs well and now, after the hotfix, stuttering come back an other time.

My CG doesn’t work as well as yesterday when I flew in the sim.

Specificities :

• I7 4790K
  • 16 Gb ram
  • RTX 2060

I had a weird one flying yesterday, every second freeze, like a stop motion slide show. It was running really well before this update and hotfix,

I wish you could opt out of these updates if your sim is running well.

I had the same issue of extreme stuttering when starting a flight. There are already some threads discussing that the real culprit was the latest Windows Update KB5001330… there seems to be some problems with V-Sync or incompatibility with the latest WinUpdate. Uninstalling KB5001330 helped…no more stuttering…

2 Likes

I must say, after the hotfix, my FS runs smooth like nothing before. stutters from 1.15.7.0 are gone in my case!
I also deinstalled the KB5001330 yesterday. maybe the reason ?!

Before Hotfix 1.15.8.0 I had good performance in the cockpit whilst sitting on the ground - about 30 FPS (I lock my monitor to 30 FPS).

Now after the hotfix I have 18 FPS in the cockpit. This happens in every aircraft I try.

Strangely though, once the aircraft starts rolling down the runway, the FPS increases and is ok for the rest of the flight UNTIL I land and slow down again to taxi speed where it drops back to 18 FPS.

Reducing graphics settings has no effect.

ASUS 10900K, RTX 3090

This is something that was always present in the sim. Especially in the 787 Dreamliner cockpit the CPU and GPU usage drop to 40 to 50% while in cockpit mode. The Cockpit mode has some sort of bug and it always had it due to bad utilization of CPU and GPU Power.

1 Like

Same here. Yesterday, before the hotfix 1.15.8.0, I had 40 fps, sim running very smooth. Now, after the hotfix, I have a slideshow (20fps or less) with the exactly same configuration. I use the Steam version. Community folder empty. Everything (drivers etc.) updated.

2 Likes

Had 40FPS before latest updates, now sitting in the A320 Neo, power off, at 2FPS.

GPU is running at 4% utilisation.

1 Like

Latest Windows update is messing h this up also perhaps …

KB5001330 if i am not mistaken

1 Like

Same here. Yesterday, before the hotfix 1.15.8.0, I had 40 fps, sim running very smooth. Now, after the hotfix, I have a slideshow (20fps or less) with the exactly same configuration. I use the Steam version. Some users said there is an update in the content manager. Haven’t seen that. Checked three times.

Really ?

:wink:

With your permission , let me refrase

“This Software has some serious bugs hidden deeply inside its design”

As the “game” continues to be sold and the user volume growths…

Expect plenty , endless “Hot Fixes” and “Updates” . And no , I do not accept the explanation that this is “Such a complex piece of software” . Its end result is impressing but one does not imply the other. Remember “Win Vista” ?

We have to enjoy , I do , as it is.

Greetings

1 Like

There you go …

In any Industry , there is something called “Standards”
If you are designing something and you do not take into account the “Standards” for a product that will be distributed to masses of users … you are going to fase some backfire…

Imagine buying a Toaster at the shop and arriving at home only to realize the thing does not work because the plug has 5 prongs instead of beeing a “Standard” outlet one.

Greetings

1 Like

The small hacks since the update that was in earlier this week when driving flights land and taxis at certain airports such as Greater charles de gaulle airport in Paris also Aéroport Nice Côte d’Azur is there any patch to avoid having the hacked things in the graphics like also noticed updating the graphics card to the latest driver.

Agree partially

Those standards are achievable on the xbox and playstation.

Standard hardware and standard software

A windows update can never take 50.000.000 different combinations of hard and software into account :grimacing:

3 Likes

I’will try to uninstal windows update KB5001330.

Will try it tonight, thanks and I will let you know.

Did you try to change the Server?

I too had stutters after WU4 as well as the hotfix. The fix for me was to force vsync to “on” in nvidia control panel. Previously I had to force this setting to off to combat stutters from a previous update. Now it’s smooth.

1 Like

I also think this update is a culprit for bad fps, but if i uninstall KB5001330 then the sim doesn’t start at all. There is only black screen on startup.

I can confirm the stuttering issue - before the last patch and World Update 4, I feel I generally had the best framerate in the Simulator ever since I installed it. Now after the patch, the simulation seems to shortly freeze almost every second despite having a stable 40 - 60 Fps. The Main Thread seems to be causing the stutters there.

Edit: Deactivating V-Sync within the simulation seemed to solve the heavy stuttering. I’m not really sure why that wasn’t an issue in earlier versions of the simulation but it seems to work fine now again. I have Windows Update KB5001330 installed.

Edit #2: Unfortunately, deactivating the V-Sync didn’t solve the issue after all. The heavy stuttering started again a couple of minutes afterwards.

Did you try to change the Server? I switched to the Asia Server and it helped a lot. I think the european servers are to busy.