Stuttering after the Hotfix version 1.15.8.0

What is your current CPU and GPU?

I’m not sure sorry but I do know that it’s always run very smooth before. The only airport I couldn’t handle before was CDG

I am also experiencing the worst stuttering I have seen after just installing the 1.15.8.0 Hotfix.

Although I have a relatively low end machine, with an i7 6700, GTX 1060, and 16GB ram, I was pleased with FS 2020’s performance - no noticeable stutters and FPS generally in the high 20’s to 30’s, with medium to high graphics settings.

My issues began with the release of WU3, and each update or hotfix since.

Given that each recent update has introduced new performance issues (and new bugs), I have a hard time understanding why Microsoft and Asobo don’t address the bugs and performance issues rather than keep pushing out “upgrades”. I can’t name one new feature or improvement that justifies the continuing degradation of performance.

Is it technically that difficult to allow users the option to roll back to previous versions?

Very disappointing, considering the tremendous potential of the simulation and the massive resources at Microsoft.

They are adding more and not optimizing and I would imagine lower end machines will get hit a bit harder.Mine was stuttering badly after this update.Seems like most of it went away but its still in some places.Avoid some areas like KATL.

Same here. Adobo must really fix It. It is the worst performance since the title was released in august.

1 Like

I am experiencing serious problems after 1.15.8.0 Hotfix. installed with the community folder empty.
1-stuterring and worse performance than before the update.
2-Cars traffic up and over the Louvre building in Paris , with and without photo grametry running .
3-Water mask problem in London river at Charring cross bridge, with and without photo grammetry .
Could some one please confirm that it is not only me having these serious upset or how to recover my previous version before the update.

Same! What’s happened? I can’t fly this sim any more… this is show stopper bug!!

I have no add-ons, no 3rd party anything. I just tried flying C172 old gauges over Melbourne. I never experienced such bad stuttering before as I did today with this hot fix…:disappointed_relieved:

So I’ve been having pretty huge stutters, as with every one else. Though my framerate is pretty good, around 40fps. Stutters are 1-2 second freezes every minute or so, basically makes things unplayable for me.

For reference my specs are:

AMD 3800XT 3.9ghz
GTX 1080
32gb ram

Anyway, I decided to take a look in a profiler and see what sort of thing was happening during the pauses. On the left and right you can see normal frames, processing in a cyclic fasion, then in the center you can see a huge one second stall.

The lowest extremeties of this are context swaps in the VR dlls. It is very important to note that I am not using VR here. I do have a VR headset that is plugged in, but it’s not running and I’m not currently using it during this capture.

It’s pretty hard to tell what’s going on without access to their code, but something funky is going on with the VR dlls. For comparisons sake, here is a normal frame that has no stalls:

As you can see, the context swap near the end of the frame does not call into VR dlls, but rather the directX api. So yea I don’t know what, but something about VR is causing these stalls.

EDIT: Disabling multiplayer had no effect on my stalls.

What profiler do you use? I like to profile my MSFS 2020, too.

My stutter went away after I un-installed MS-Windows patch KB5001330. See Windows 10: Nutzer melden Probleme mit Updates KB5001330 und KB5001337 | heise online
There are several reasons for poor performance.

Update: I read that KB5001330 is an IMPORTANT patch for MS-Windows. Therefore I tested NVidia 457.30 and KB5001330 together on my MS-Windows 10 2004. I say: The old NVidia driver 457.30 has no problem with KB5001330. Only the new drivers 465.89 and 466.11 produce stutter together with KB5001330.

This constellation is perfect for finger pointing: Microsoft says: the NVidia driver is the culprit and NVidia says: KB5001330 is broken. So much fun!

Therein lies the truth!

I hate to keep kicking this dead horse but -

for me, “good” frame rates with stutters does not equal “good” anything! The plane has to fly smoothly and predictably, regardless of what the frame rates are!

No doubt, each MSFS upgrade has come with its own unique batch of performance robbing (what some define as “frame rates lowering”) gremlins.

I won’t compromise on security, though! Too much really bad stuff circulating these days to start removing security updates to improve one’s simulator experience.

Recommendation: Accept it and move on.

1.) “Accept it” means cut-back on those higher settings that once worked great, but don’t anymore. Forget the old, once great frame rates, drop back to something solidly sustainable by paring back on the graphics settings to where there are no longer any stutters.

For some, this might mean giving up some of those “stunning” graphics that we all heard about last year, but man if our “birds” don’t fly smoothly, what’s the point of pretty graphics anyway?

2.) “Move on” is actually a misnomer, just part of that popular phrase, today. What I should have said was “Accept it and wait… hopefully and patiently”.

Eventually, some day MS/Asobo will get it wrung out and optimize this best available today flight simulator for not just an either-or, performance vs. scenery experience for us.

BUT if possible, security should never be intentionally compromised.

Agree. I updated my two posts in this thread.

Well, we’ll just have to wait and see who blinks first!

BTW, I have 4.6611 and the KB5001330 both installed and no stutters. 25FPS, no city photogrammetry, 20 TLOD, etc, etc. LOL!

Been wrestling with a kind of unique driver issue lately, though. My Realtek audio driver is old, but when I update it, I lose significant volume across the board - not just in MSFS. Uninstall, re-install device with the older driver - ear splitting volume returns.

So, guess which driver I am using? I’ve also set it to not automatically update!

If you are experiencing slide show like stutters every 1-2 seconds after the most recent update. I have found the multiplayer to be at fault. If you go into settings and turn off “multiplayer” (Don’t turn off the “online functionality” just “Multiplayer”

All stuttering goes away. Yeah it sucks I can’t fly with friends and others… but as soon as ASOBO can actually make something that doesn’t break another thing. It will have to do…

Microsoft confirmed the performance issue with the latest windows update and has issued a server side emergency update. Unfortunately you can’t check whether the fix has been applied to your machine, so the best you can do is reboot your machine a few times over the weekend and see if performance improves.

Microsoft Issues Emergency Fix For Performance Issues

Mike614:

Great intel for many in this forum!

Thanks!!

I confirmed that I have the hotfix using the regedit method listed in that article, but I still have intermittent stalls sadly. So back to the drawing board. For anyone interested the profiler I used was called “Superluminal”

Yeah I have the fix installed (1) but still problem. A20N often I cant see and it stuttering
It says it is problem with CONTENT MANAGER and Custom liveries (I have so “not installed” but I can use them anyway. But I guess other get problem with my Liveries.
And Multiplayer Custom liveries cause stuttering in Multiplayer. We are currently investigating this issue.

I saw this on this site https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016027399-KNOWN-ISSUES-Last-modified-April-21-2021-

I just sucks at the moment. After WU3 and the performance update i had no troubles and smooth flights. But now it is just barely playable. A lot of flights start smooth, but during the flight it becomes a complete stuttermess

My experience exactly

For those effected with stutters and FPS lost when using multiplayer, please use this topic instead so contributions and votes do not split:

[BUG LOGGED] Multiplayer Stuttering after world update - Liveries Bug report - Bugs & Issues / Online Services & Activities - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

This topic has been pushed to the developers. Thank you!