Stuttering xbox series x

Can anyone help the sim has been amazing but today I flew around San Diego and the game was stuttering badly any advice please. Thanks

1 Like

Try deleting your rolling cache file.

Unfortunately we are limited with the Xbox on what can be changed to help with performance. I’ve noticed A LOT stuttering and problems since season update 6 on the series X. Draw distance on buildings is terrible. Downtown Chicago completely disappears about 10 miles out. Chicago Executive airport completely freezes the sim while trying to load a flight from there. I’m sure it’s not the only airport. I’m also noticing taxiway and runway signs loading only maybe 20 or 30ft away.

Not experiencing any of this on PC.

How do I do that on xbox please thanks for your help

It’s under the general options, then the data tab. All the way at the bottom of the screen, there is a button to delete.

Cheers Dave

What size is recommended for the rolling cache? Curious what thoughts are on this. On Xbox X.

Funnily enough I have my rolling cache off and everything works so much better ironically. With rolling cache on I get so many CTD and stuttering but with it off less issues. I guess it may help with me having a very fast internet connection hard wired but just thought I’d let you know what’s working for me.

Thanks for the info!. My connection is fast and stable as well, maybe I will give this a test.

1 Like

I’m getting exactly the same issue flying around the UK. Only started happening today and I have cleared my rolling cache and it doesn’t help.

Hopefully it’s just server overload or something like that and will fix itself soon. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Just done as you suggested delete and switch off looks a mile better . Cheers

Interesting, I will try this as well. Though I don’t see stuttering now or at least not very often my cache is set to 8gig. But it will be interesting to see how quickly the draw rate is on a large city like NY or LA

Hmm i may try this, i find the game terrible. Low flying over mountains and cities is just awful. Ironically the series S has much higher frame rates as it targets 1080p they insist on 4K on series x which it cant do. Asobo need to add the ability for us to lower res. Give me 1080p and higher frames all day!

I’m on Series X and since the update it runs much smoother with little to no stutter.
It could be a server issue, MS has always had very slow servers

1 Like

I bought an Xbox Series X 10 days ago specifically to get back in flight simulation (after about a 15 year break). I kind of regret now as the experience is really not great. I spent some time trying to troubleshoot and to reproduce errors but time is precious and I’m nearly done.
Let me describe the problems I find which are ruining the experience:

1. Game stuttering: Sometimes I feel it’s worse than it was back in the days. Right after starting the game, it’s buttery smooth, almost no FPS drops, it’s nearly perfect and the experience is awesome. However after some time, the game gradually starts to stutter to a point where it’s just unplayable. Trying to land after a 2h flight is unbearable. Why limit a flight to 30 minutes? This is just not an acceptable workaround. A simulator is a slow game, it’s supposed to be able to withstand long hours of play. Here, Asobo and Microsoft are dropping the ball and not deliverung. Xbox is a standard platform (not like the thousands of combinations you can have in PCs) and this should ease the task of making it work. The potential is there. Yersterday, it was stuttering so badly that the game just crashed. It sure looks like a memory problem.

2. ATC causing stuttering: Moreover, the graphic pauses when the ATC’s is processed. This was happening years ago on my modest Y2K PC.

3. Hotas one Sensitivities not staying in memory after a game shutdown. Come on!.. No comments.

4. Painful installation: I do not know how much time I tried to install all the world updates. They kept restarting not decompressing. I found later that it seemed to work when hard wired and after restarting the game between updates.

Other Random bugs: These are bound to happen since this is still a very complex and new game (in this version) and I’m willing to live with them as they do not totally ruin the experience. Also I understand that it becomes impossible to test everything in a game and you have to get it out in the field to perfect it in the long run. However, I think we should get more support.

I will keep on trying to troubleshoot (and also re-install… I need to find a entire day to do so) but I must tell you that if they at least address the stuttering problem and get an even performance it would be incredible. Asobo/Microsoft, please switch your priorities to fixing at least the stuttering bugs (fix the basic stuff instead of adding functions) and you will make the experience incredible. You will get more people in! Right now, I must say that I cannot recommend the game it’s just nor ready for the market. Hopefully the next updates will make it better.

You may wish to take a look at this and prepare yourself:

1 Like

With the new Beta I rarely have stuttering, even flying over areas that are very dense. It sounds more like internet/server issues that are causing your issues.

Hi,
Thanks for the tips. I confirm that hardwiring to the xbox and disabling the rolling cache (RC) seem to have fixed most of the stuttering issues that were ruining the experience. I did both changes at the same time so could not isolate and to your point, confirm if the effect of the RC has a huge consequence on the stuttering (I might try to test several level of cache, maybe having a higher cache is not good or maybe to clear it regularly might be a good thing too). Anyways, one would think that it would be logically a nonsense to have a better performance without RC. So, although not totally gone, fps drops are much less frequent. I still had a couple of very bad drops on a final which ruined that landing (one out of 6 maybe), I assume it was a drop on the interned bandwith.

I hope that MS/Asobo, find a way to code a patch that would allow the game to prioritize the fps output to allow us to somehow use the Wi-fi and cope with bandwith drops as they do and will continue to occur (Hard wiring the console creates some other issues…). It’s easy to assume these are ressource priority issues that might also mean that there is a coding logic issue rooted deep inside the game (with many co-dependencies). Who knows, maybe Asobo did not code from scratch but they started with a legacy version and they will need time to fix this as a major re-coding might be needed.

This is a terrific sim and I hope and believe that it will become better with time. This is my contribution to making this game better.

Cheers!

1 Like

I have a full GB of internet speed, and usually come in closer to 1035 mbps. But I get crazy stutters as well! Didn’t have this problem a few months ago! New updates? Clogged servers? Maybe all the 3rd party landmark packages I’ve added? Idk…

2 Likes

For what its worth I was having this problem as well and deleting my cache appears to have fixed the issue for me, for now at least. Of course it could well be 3rd party add-ons as well, this is part of the reason I don’t tend to buy any, apart from a couple of livery packs

1 Like

Well…I’ve never used rolling cache because I don’t have a cap on my bandwidth. Its unlimited. And I’ve even hit the delete button several times just incase. But still stutters. I am convinced it is the 3rd party developers but I will try a hard reset tonight after work. Thank you!