Stutters after 1.12.13

I’ve been complaining about this issue since the alpha. It’s so disappointing because I really want to use this sim but the stutters just make it unbearable for me. Some stuttering is fine, but it’s just excessive in FS2020, particularly in heavy scenery areas like LAX with the airliners

I think this thread is discussing many performance issues…, but I think I’m getting what the OP means. I get microstutters in 1.12.13 and it’s in sync with spikes in CoherentGTDraw every second or so.

Fps is great, there’s no issues with performance for me, I can get great fps in 2D and VR but these microstutters which you really notice on the ground are ruining the experience and Asobo absolutely need to fix this ASAP.

The screenshot below is with minimum settings and no AI - just to demonstrate this isn’t a GPU load issue, it’s just bad optimisation in the codebase.

LOFL… :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

After importing/entering the flight plan in the FMC, open the ATC Menu and select Request IFR Clearance with FP option.

I flew take off and landings at a single field with no waypoints and still have the lag spikes.

I did reported to zendesk yesterday, but it was marked as solved immediately. Not sure if asobo already fixed it in the next patch update. This is something they really need to take a look at it. Cuz i have made around 5-6 flights including two long hauls over 11 hours straight. The sim is very smooth after performing the work around. I am hardly getting any spikes in the CoherentGTDraw now.

1 Like

Have you tried disabling the VFR map from the top menu?. If not try disabling it. Also if possible post a screenshot with the FPS display on in the sim.

1 Like

@aerovin88 it has changed the ballgame for me in terms of usability, flew into EGKK with full vatsim traffic and scenery and no stutters and good FPS with that fix, just annoying I have to reload the plane at the start of a flight

I disabled the VFR map and VIOLA, no more stutter. :smiley:

How do we disable the VFR map please?

Me too. Top end specs and 10fps at EGLL.

I also have very annoying stutters when taxiing with the FBW A320 and a Flight Plan loaded into FMC :roll_eyes:. Locked @30 FpS with Nvidia CP, but stuttering is there every 1-2 seconds, especially in turns.

Asus x570
Ryzen 5800x
32GB 3600 Gskill Neo
Asus RTX 3080 TUF OC

1 Like

Same for me but I have no stutters in external view.

1 Like

Yes, in external View all is fine.

1 Like

I think turning off “game mode” in Windows 10 settings has eliminated my micro-stutters. Anyone else have any luck when they did that?

This works !
The whole time I was wondering why Im getting such good results when starting a flight directly from the runway without a flightplan…
A lot of stutters were gone … thumbs up !

Please use this topic for any “stutter” issues.
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/solution-for-stutters-pauses/198328