Stutters when panning camera since Beta 3 (1.27.13.0)

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

FPS Window

Brief description of the issue:

Since Beta 3 I have some annoying micro stutters when panning around the camera. Inside as well as in external view.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

The stutters themselves are difficult to see through the video, but they are very annoying when playing the game. The FPS drops however are clearly visable in the FPS window. They definitely weren’t there in the previous 2 Beta Versions.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Load into the sim with any plane at any location and pan around.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

5800X3D
RTX 3080 12GB
32GB RAM

Are you using DX12?

Yes

Are you using DLSS?

No

Are you using the multi monitor feature?

No

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

same behavior with the same resolution (2560x1440) and almost the same PC Specs:
Win10
3080ti
3800x3d
32GB
It’s especially noticable when using TrackIR.

1 Like

Completely agree

Thanks for your videos. This basically confirms that the sim is the culprit, not the PC.
I hope Asobo is going to look into this issue.

I’m experiencing the same problem.

i9 9900KF, 32GB RAM, RTX 3070, 2560x1440 @Ultra

Same here, Ryzen5950x 64gb RAM RTX3090 DX11 and 12 (12 worse)

I am not in the Beta but I follow the process, this issue was always present in the sim. I really really hope the devs can do something about it, please!!!

1 Like

Your right, it has been there for a very long time to some degree. However I have never had anything as severe as this before. And again, it is worth repeating, the first SU10 Beta release was the first (and only) update that did not have ANY stuttering for me. I miss it already (giant psychedelic trees and all).

3 Likes

Exactly. I personally had it since SU9.
However Beta 1 and even Beta 2 fixed it completely.
Now on Beta 3 it returned. It could have something to do with DX12 memory optimisation which got disabled.
I really hope Asobo starts looking into this issues. This is the only thing keeping me from playing.

3 Likes

DX12 is not going to behave well as they disabled its memory optimizations. Go back to DX11 at least on this beta 3.

Cheers

Do you know if they did this only in Beta 3 or is something which is going to be public as well?

Thanks!

I decided to go back to SU9 until the next patch as those stutters make my sim unplayable with certain aircraft.
A word of acknowledgment from Asobo would also be highly appreciated.

This issue still persists in Beta 4.

2 Likes