SU 15 - Stutters during Approach

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Supportsection.

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

Since Sim Update 15, massive stutters occurs, when we approach to the ground, making approach very uncomfortable. Stutters starts at around 500ft AGL (but this can vary), and after some time they disappear. During stutter, FPS drops to 10 from stable 60 for little while.

It’s not plane, airport or any 3rd party Add-on related. It’s some issue with MSFS itself, caused by Sim Update 15.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

I will provide video later.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Approach with plane to the airport
Carefully monitor FPS during landing
See massive stutters when near ground

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

Not relevant, but GTX 3070 Ti, with newest Nvidia Drivers

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Not relevant, did not happen prior Sim Update 15

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

2 Likes

Could you post a screenshot with the FPS counter please?

1 Like

Can you provide which plane you are flying, as well as which airport? Thanks.

Im The same. 1 second stutters have re appeard

8 Likes

I just did a flight from KDEN to KDFW using the PMDG 737-900ER. I had a great flight until short final. Coming into KDFW there were stutters. Then after touchdown I had major stutters. KDFW was supposed to be fixed. Heck it was one of the advertised airports in the marketing of this sim. I have given up on KDFW ever working properly. I will go back to my 3rd party KDAL which works great. I also noticed the huge blue taxi arrows are back. I had nice small green ones before this update. And so are the huge white tugs blocking each gate. I’ll have to try and figure out how to remove these like I did before. Not happy with this so called update.

1 Like

Yup. I now have the stutters, but as I’d never had them previously, SU15 is proving to be a bit of a disappointment.

Edit: Just to bring this up to date, with some help on another thread, suggesting that I should try to clear my Nvidia shader cache and MSFS rolling cache, the performance of MSFS returned to just about the same level as before the update.

13 Likes

Same with EDDK in Germany. I hoped that SU15 would bring improvements, but it is still just as bad. Huge FPS drop.

16 Likes

same thing tonight into KJFK - complete freeze then return to normal fps – was in the beta, .18 was a downgrade from previous betas

10 Likes

approach into EKBI with the A20N v2, from 45fps to around 15fps on approach and the infamous second long stuttering, so many where reporting with the beta, but who cares. Go BUY FS2024, everything will be totally better. :crazy_face:

11 Likes

bad stutter when aprochin even with sim update 15

5 Likes

No

Have completed 3 5+ hour flights now on SU15, the first did have major stutters on descent but that was attributed to //42 SimFX. After disabling the stutters went away

Flights have remained around ~70FPS start to finish

1 Like

Sim update 14 had the same stutters on approach. I just removed all my 3rd party scenery and the stutters are gone. Just to be sure in su15, i did a flight from Cincinnati to detroit defailt, and not a single jitter. On a second flight, I installed a freeware dtw , and 3m out on approach, it stuttered. Easy decision on what to do on my system. Results may vary. 27 years of flightsimming, im tired of “the magic bullet” i want to fly.

10 Likes

It’s not relevant, it happens on all planes (from 3rd party payware to default Asobo planes). Airport also is not relevant, as massive stutters are present everywhere in the world (again, not caused by 3rd party Add-ons). Even if I am not landing on airport, just close to the ground anywhere, there are stutters…

9 Likes

For me its more stable FPS wise on ground and in the air, but i got a occasional 5-10s freeze on every flight with airliners, mostly a couple just after takeoff and just before landing :neutral_face:
Happend on the 747, and fenix

with small planes no issues for now

1 Like

I realy hoped to get rid of the stutters with the last update.
After updating i tested with a short flight from Schiphol Amsterdam (EHAM) to Rotterdam (EHRD) stutters are still there, approaching Rotterdam they got worse and imersion killing. My son is building a new PC for me, based on a I7-14700K and a Gforce RTX 4080 TI Super 16GB. I realy hope that solves the stutters because they take away my fun of flying.

4 Likes

Yes

Also massive stutters wherever there is an overcast below me. Happened last time when I was flying in cruise level above Bulgaria.

1 Like

Yes, heavy stutters with black screen 4 - 5 times on approach, addon or stock scenery/aircraft doesn’t matter, often results in crash due to lose of aircraft control low to the ground.

Had this issue previously but rolling back to DX11 fixed the issue however doing so now I’m unable to launch the sim with DX11 (graphics driver error message). Been on the SU15 Beta with DX11, not a single issue. Latest small update (I assume to bring me to release SU15 version) produces the problem of unable to run DX11. Yes I have an older PC but beta has been fine till this small patch.

What you can try to eliminate the stutters is in general options graphics lower offscreen terrain precaching to medium or low.
It is not a solution but it can help eliminate stutters

Sebastiaan

The last post in that thread states that clearing the cache fixed the issue.

Until you turn your head, and the offscreen terrain needs to be loaded in, causing even more stutters.

13 Likes

I have a brand new 4090-I9-14000K and it still stutters — amazing hardware unfortunately doesn’t make up for crap coding

10 Likes