SU10 New Bush Trip Bug, Time for Leg not saved

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

I did bush trip testing all during SU10 beta testing. Things were working fine. The first bush trip I do after SU10 release, each leg of the Iceland bush trip is starting out at 6:42am. It is supposed to be saving the time for each leg. This means each leg starts in the dark as the sun is just rising, for the entire trip. This was not how this bush trip was designed, and it makes seeing anything difficult if the entire journey is always in the dark.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Choose the Iceland bush trip. Do leg 1. You start at 6:42am but land at the airport at the end of the leg at about 7:30am, and the sun is up at that point. Now start leg 2. It is back to 6:42am again. It should be 7:30am. (And note, this DID work this way all the SU10 beta. I’m not sure why release is not working this way)

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

NOTE: The only difference between SU10 beta and now is, during beta I was Microsoft store version. Last weekend I purchased and converted to Steam version so GSX, RAAS, etc could see all my addons. The differences between the installs may be why the time saved during beta with each leg, but now it doesnt

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Not sure if this is an actual bug or something wrong with my config but I’ve noticed now when I try to fly bush trips they are all stuck indefinitely at the departure time (ie the Balkans trip is pepetually 6 AM)

I’ve cleared my bush trip/activities folder just to be safe. And I know about the bush trip workaround for these issues, I’ve been doing it for a year (restart previous leg then restart current leg) to get the Nav data properly reset but it no longer seems to resolve the time

Has anyone else seen this?

1 Like

It is a bug.
We mentioned it during the beta.
Hopefully it get’s fixed in SUXI, but I have my doubts.

1 Like

I think this is something related to the SU10 change that automatically refuels you at the start of each leg, and as mentioned people have complained about this.

I normally do one leg, hit continue, and then exit to the main menu because of the issues pre-SU10 with not getting the navlog and VFR map, etc.; usually I only try to do one leg a day. Before SU10, it would save in the exact state (minus the weather, which was/is another issue) from when I exited and would put me back there when I would continue the bush trip, but now it sets my aircraft all the way back in the displaced threshold of the takeoff runway instead of where I had stopped in the middle of the runway.

I believe this “resetting” of the aircraft position is also associated with some kind of code resetting the time all the way to the starting time of the entire bush trip. Frankly, I think the only change they really needed to make was to make sure the fuel menu would come up if we drove up to a fuel truck or fuel station (as well as fix any other real bugs like the navlog/VFR map issue), rather than changing the functionality of the bush trips the way they did.

Well, at least it looks like someone submitted a bug report on it, so hopefully they’ll get around to it at some point.

In beta, I did 6 of the official bush trips. They all functioned correctly for me in terms of time. Its weird that only now am I seeing the bug where every leg in Iceland starts at 6:42am.

This is a regression. I completed the Bush Trips with Achievements around S7 and never had to return to the menu. Seeing other reports that progress is no longer being saved properly since SU10.