SU10 now coming in August

This seems to be utopia
What is 100% ready?
They won’t never release with such a requirement.
Or they will release, but not 100% because they don’t have the zillion different combinations of all system components combined with all available peripherals, with all add ons, system settings, gpu settings, driver verslons, name it.

I mean, we just simply can’t expect 100% stability. There’s always a first and untested combination somewhere on someones attic.

Even with a three month beta this will not be possible.

2 Likes

Each update may bring new bugs and third-party add-ons may also bring bugs.
On the PC side there are so many configurations and that can cause bugs or CTDs.
It is very difficult to develop a piece of software without any problems during the further development phase

1 Like

I agree, but it seems many want it 100%. I’m not expecting that. I like updates :slight_smile: Updates means something gets fixed. Also with a 100% feature complete i mean that all the things in that feature is ready. For example those thermals was not 100% feature complete, that METAR blending was not 100% feature complete to name a few. And those gusts they told us were overdone at release, instead of improving them back then they completely removed that feature. Thats not how devolopment work. Now in su10 they will be back though but are they improved?

Anyway, we can’t expect next update to be bug-free. Thats why more updates is better than less.

I think they explained it. Creating a release is too much work to do it so often. Merging all the branches, testing, building, XBox certification etc.
I also would wish they streamlined the process, but that’s what we have.

But in general I would very much prefer a good update every half year, than something half baked every 2 months.

1 Like

Agree, but it doesn’t mean bug free :wink: And then we need to wait a half year for next update that also has bugs. For some it may be “good” and some not so “good”

Two different platforms are slowing down the development process and that is a simple fact. :cry:

I don’t consider it a “fix it all patch”. When it comes to software, a perfect software will never exist, they will always have flaws, they will crash on occasions, etc. What I am hoping for is a good reduction in CTD, at least a 20-50% increase in performance, more features for developers and some better systems. Granted not all of that has to be done at once, it can be built on little by little, without introducing any major new bugs.

2 Likes

Now we know the real reason why its coming later… just keep the show going on, the xbox show …

2 Likes

Jörg wants to get his tons of stuff into the sim

2 Likes

I like that :slight_smile:

Eagerly waiting for the public beta for SU 10. Excited! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m convinced X-plane 12 will be better in every way except for graphics and scenery. For starters I think the X-plane 11 flight model feels a million times better than MSFS, everything feels more smooth somehow, you can feel the mass involved compared to the over responsive twitchy MSFS flight model. When you take the default X-plane C172 out for a spin, the ground handling is so realistic, the aircraft pitching forward when braking, side to side movement on those leaf springs, exactly as bouncy as the real one. That’s what I miss in MSFS. With the new CFD model the stall / spin behavior is taken straight from GTA V.

3 Likes

@Nijntje91

X-Plane 11 has a better flight model, multi-monitor support and higher fps.
But the standard scenery is so basic, only with lots of expensive scenery addons it looks a bit better. Also the standard weather engine is not so good and ATC is very bad.
A number of things may be boosted with the arrival of X-Plane 12.

I fly both simulators and they both have their own strengths and weaknesses.

I agree, scenery / graphics is a big weak point. ATC is bad in any simulator including X-plane (maybe XP12 will address this indeed) and I’m sure they made a big leap with the weather engine. They probably do have proper simulation of low RVR for those CAT II / III approaches and LVTOs.

Go look at the teases for Xp12 … and then tell me it wont look as good…

It doesn’t look as good as MSFS? Think we can all agree on that, maybe with a lot of effort it will with 3rd party scenery and ortho’s. Out of the box MSFS clearly wins in my view? I hate the rain effect in the teaser, that looks so unrealistic with big blobs of water instead of droplets, I have flown in a lot of rain storms but never have I ever seen something like that.

You mean this teaser?

Assume they’ll improve the art deco style mountains. The Cirrus Sr22 video looked pretty good.

Any reason we can’t feed those points back to MS Asobo?
Not like I could switch to an alternative with an Xbox anyway.

Only problem with the feedback process I think is the vast number of different suggestions each day. Anything but the highest voted will just be overlooked.

1 Like

I have no idea, I created a long thread which I believe is even labeled “feedback logged”. Its about everything wrong with the flight model. I haven’t seen any improvement yet. The new CFD stuff has not been an improvement at all so far. MSFS flight model is still based on FS9 or FSX, rather than a fresh new design. At least that’s what I think it is, it’s just add-ons and improvements on the old FS9 / FSX flight model.

It has the same feel to it somehow, it’s too responsive, twitchy, somehow Xplane feels more like the real deal, it’s much more smooth on the controls, more fluid, it feels heavier, has more inertia to it and when visualizing forces on the wings and stabilizers it makes sense in Xplane, in MSFS it doesn’t make sense at all what is happening there, some things work totally in reverse for example an up force on the stabilizer in flight instead of a down force on anything with swept wings and center of pressure moving in opposite direction with change in AOA, negative lift on 1/3 of the wing on C172 in cruise flight and so on.

Max elevator input in MSFS is depending on airspeed, so at high speed you can pull the stick full back but the elevator won’t go to max deflection (you can only see this in dev mode), totally overdone to the point that you can’t pull the aircraft into an accelerated stall, it just loops end over end when holding the stick full back instead of entering an accelerated stall, when trying to stall during a steepturn the aircraft will just start to descent at some point as elevator deflection has been limited, you just don’t have the elevator authority to maintain level flight until stall.

4 Likes