SU10 on Xbox - Positivity Thread

The weather radar improvement in the A320 is really good.

Evening skies look really good.

Still getting CTDs on add on airports and some odd approach skipping on the autopilot though.

2 Likes

Yes…shockingly Beta testing the heck out of it seems to help :slight_smile:

The search function (in game, obviously) ais one of yor best friends :wink:

1 Like

Sorry, I read right past the “X-Box” in your original post. I’m on PC. I can not really recommend anything for X-Box. My bad. I can guess, if you have an options menu or something like it, look for an anti-aliasing setting. I don’t think X-Box has a DLSS setting. That’s the best I can say.

Since the merge with X-Box is only a few versions ago, there may be some additional tweaking required. Also, X-Box may not have the same GFX processing capability as some of the latest PC cards. I would expect you will see those clean edges again in a later update. Did you file a bug?

Happy flying!

Dlss is nvidia tech, the xbox uses amd.
The good news is amd have similar tech already available to developers to use for xbox.

3 Likes

So far SU10 on Xbox X is running very smoothly, no stutters or CTD. BUT, I was hoping there might be some help with the airliners’ autopilot systems. For several weeks AP was not locking on to flight path shortly after takeoff, just going around in circles. Once I was able to manually get back on course and engage AP but that was an exception. In addition, toward the end of a long flight the course is lost with “ROL” replacing “GPS”. I usually manage to hand fly the approach on in if conditions permit. This problem has been noted in A320 Airbus NEO, Boeing 787 Dreamliner, and the TBM (the only Garmin which is usually solid.) I assume there were no updates to aircraft in SU10 so I await for November, most likely. I look forward to 3rd party developers being able to provide mods to Marketplace aircraft now the encrypted files are being made available. The only predictable IFR flights are in G1000 NXI equipped aircraft.

1 Like

we would if the CTD’s was sorted on 3rd party addons

On Xbox this has been a great update so far. Some of the highlights for me:

• The default G1000 NXi is awesome
  • Weather radar now works and updates in real time on all airliners
  • The VFR map’s new look and functionality makes it very useful
  • Performance feels more stable in all circumstances
  • Much faster loading when starting up the sim
  • Much needed bush trip fixes make them worth doing
  • Subtitles look better and have new size/background options
  • No crashes (so far), it finally feels that it just runs, without constantly struggling and on the verge of collapse
5 Likes

Probably better to start a new, more targetted thread :wink:

I have tried but I’m getting you don’t have permission. what ever that means. OK I have removed the post and try some where else. Many Thanks

I have a problem with rudder not re centering after this update. Im using Controller. It auto re centers if i click the left joystick to bring up the cursor. Tried re binding but that failed to fix it.
I need help.

same, the update for me did wonders mainly performance side the stutters are gone and panning is more fluid than ever

1 Like

Absolutely agree with the well-deserved positivity regarding performance on Xbox. I posted the following on the main SU10 thread:

I too have found this to be a massive improvement on the Xbox. The draw distance, and FPM seems much better. Completed a flight last night in the A320 gatwick to the south of France. Was flawless and smooth the whole way, but sadly just as I was about to shut down engines on ramp, black screens! Thankfully end of flight but was disappointing.

1 Like

Good topic !

I have just dropped another 900 bucks today for a 3080Ti … up from a 3070 with its paltry 8GB of Vram so I want to enjoy this sim.

And there ARE some great things here.

Yes, I moan about a lot of stuff, as do others, and there is a lot of potential for improvement… but let us count our blessings and enjoy the good stuff.

My contribution is: I am looking forward to buying the Justflight Bae 146.

Had it in FSX and loved it.

Guessing it will look stunning in comparison.

Why post this in a Xbox thread, if I may ask?

1 Like

I love the new runway and taxi tools so you can see them clearly.

I gave it the acid test for me today - took my new Spitfire for trip from Duxford to London - I have kept out of London since SU8 as it just looked terrible and the stutters were the worst ever, unbearable.

Well, it works :slight_smile: The stutters are gone and once popped-in, the graphics are back to normal. The pop-in is however very retarded now it seems, about level with the prop when in external view, its a shame but at least its flyable now and very smoothly too!

1 Like

A smooth, stutter-free flight over London was what really brought home the level of Xbox performance improvement for me. Lovely to be able to enjoy such pleasant flights over the old home town!

3 Likes

Couldn’t be happier with SU10 on the X. No stuttering, no audio crackling when panning, smooth and stable flying over dense areas such as New York (used to be a pain), large airports such as KLAX and KEWR not a stutterfest anymore, much shorter loading times and overall improvment of the speed of the simulator. I’m running a fairly vanilla installation. Only a few third party planes and a mesh installed from the marketplace (haven’t tried those with SU10 yet).

Reading all the problems the PC guys seem to be having it makes me wonder if the Xbox was the focus for this update?

Anyway, thanks Asobo and Microsoft for this much appreciated update!

6 Likes