SU5 graphics quality

98% identical to the G2 in Center Sweetspot

I can also go higher, up to 5000pix vertical and LOD 200, but the image will not be sharper.

1 Like

Try 100% so the headset is in its native resolution.

you mean lower from 110% to 100% ?
this wiill not be better

sorry, have lod write in first post, mean render scale

You said the LOD was 110% and the render scale was 3600x3100pix - that is less than the native resolution of 3840 x 2160 per eye?

yea, i mean render scaleā€¦ to much LOD and scale the last days :joy:

LOD is on 200 Game 3.0 config file

I donā€™t bust my butt 70 hours a week to pay for someone else to have something. Sorry if thatā€™s old fashioned thinkingā€¦but you get what you work for. If we want to use your thinking then Iā€™ll cut back my work and you start sending me a check every week. Because why should you have anything I donā€™t have. Have you taken a vacation in the last 25 years? I have not. Literally. Even when I travel abroad I work in restaurants, usually for free to get the experience. Iā€™d love to take a week or two and go just do nothing on a beach or in the mountains. Have you gone anywhere? Taken your family anywhere? I use my money for xyz. You use your money for abc. If you think you are entitled to my x then please, by all means, send me your c because why should you have it and not me? :slight_smile:

Ahh, no, the 3600x3100 render resolution is per eye :wink:

only 3600, FOV is set to small (120degree - not 160)

To some of you I have replied toā€¦

Hey, figured I would drop this in hereā€¦ Had a few hours to sleep and cooler head now. LOL FYI, I have not read anything since my last post last night so anything anyone may have replied to anything I posted I apologize I have not seen it, yet.

I do understand you are trying to help those that have issues. While I am sure I come across as an ā– ā– ā–  in some cases, that is NOT my intention. Not at all. Just frustrated. When I last (about 5 months ago) use the sim it was freaking amazing. I was the one telling people to get over their bitches about things and realize this is a work in progress. Heck, even a month after it came out and had MANY issues I was so happy just to be flying it those issues didnā€™t bother me. I was THAT guy. LOL

However, after coming back after so long and seeing (on my system, which hasnā€™t changed except I added new fans to it) what looks like ā– ā– ā– ā–  clouds and fuzziness of many textures (and freaking trees all over NYC!!!) I am very dissapointed. If I took any of that out on you then I am sorry about that. It just seemed like you were saying that any of us ā€˜seeingā€™ these things were full of ā– ā– ā– ā–  because you were not seeing it.

I learned about 35 years ago (back when people used the real post office to send letters and actually called people on the phone) that in almost every case 1 letter or phone call of praise = about 100 people that wonā€™t write or call. 1 letter or phone call of anger = about 60 people that wonā€™t write or call. As more people that upset let you know about it. These were stats used by companies, networks, tv stations and political entities. Iā€™ve never forgotten that information. I donā€™t believe it has changed much even today.

Thus, if you extrapolate using that information you find that way more people have issues (or at least perceive they do) than are happy with things. Simply based on how many people posting are happy or unhappy. Since waaaaay more unhappy are posting than those happy. But then, in most cases, if you are happy with how things look, why post in a topic where people are not happy about how things look. Some will (yourself) but most wonā€™t. So while the ratio is less there are way more posting unhappiness.

Point being, for those slamming those of us that are looking at issues on our systems, you are not us and you donā€™t see what we see. And as has been proven several times, not everything we see can show up in a picture or video well. That doesnā€™t mean we are not seeing it.

Things have gotten heated from some and if any of that was perceived in my posts then I apologize. We (I) are passionate about the Simulator. Itā€™s why we call it a simulator and not a game. I play for fun. I sim for the experience.

We are not slamming Xbox USERS. At least I am not. We (I) are slamming the 2 companies that sold us a product and then (in our experience / opinion) degraded it so that another user could enjoy it on a lesser platform. And yes, I am calling it a lesser platform because specs wise it canā€™t be upgraded (easily) and is NOT at nice as most PCā€™s that people built or bought to be their high-end game/sim machine. Again, nothing against the Xbox users. But I donā€™t kill myself for 70 hours a week in an insanely hot kitchen as an Executive Chef just so I can afford some nice things to have a company decide that I should lose some of what I paid for so someone else can enjoy it also. Give me what I paid for and give them what they pay for. If they want what I have then they can earn it. I know this is a very bad way of thinking now daysā€¦but sorry, not sorry. :slight_smile:

Anyway, I just want to say, I donā€™t mean to come across in any way to any one person other than I am upset with MS/Asobo. One day my sim looks amazing and I LOVE firing it up and streaming to the world. The next day (months later) it looks like it took a step backwards in quality to being even less than when it first came out. To the point I may or may not fire it up and when I do I find I am not as happy as before.

I hope we get back what we had and more. And I hope the Xbox users get a product theyā€™re happy with. One should not affect the other at all.

Greg ā€˜Flying Master Chefā€™ Swagler

8 Likes

I see, I didnā€™t realise that the FOV could be narrowed.

Looking at your results (and how they compare to my experience of render scale issues, I still think render scale is highly likely to be at least part of the problem.

I really think getting the headset into its full native resolution (including full FOV) will rule out any upscaling or downscaling issues. I realise it will have a performance hit but once we have isolated the cause, we can sort out the performance afterwards.

Does the Pimax use OpenXR or is it Steam?

I see people talking about settingsā€¦but as I am not seeing these settings in my sim I am going to assume these are in a file. I am a wizard with the setup/config files in FSX and FS2004 but have never messed with anything in the FS2020 files. Can someone point me in the right direction and maybe I can test some stuff to see if it fixes my issues? Has anyone (will anyone) posted a comprehensive list of items to change and what they do/change when altered? There were some great in detail tutorials like this for the older sims where you could have a ā– ā– ā– ā–  to medium system and boost your performance and quality considerably by changing values in the cfg files.

Anything like that currently for 2020? Or anyone thinking of doing that? Just curious.

Thanks

Greg

no, FOV Settings makes no difference. The picture from DCS are make it with the same settings.

Steam - an this is the same problem, thats @CptLucky8 see in his index.
(G2 OXR vs. Steam)
With SU04, it was in steam sharper.:confused:

@FlyingMastrChef i would wait to the 7th september. maybe the confings are not necessary after the update

2 Likes

Thatā€™s all good, man. Passion and frustration are powerful emotions and forums ALWAYS bring out the worst in all of us - even if we donā€™t intend a post to be snippy, it often comes across as thatā€¦and it escalates from there.

I hope I have made it clear that I have no problem with people bringing their issues here - that is exactly what a forum is for. It is just the subset, that seem to being negative for negativities sake. Also, there are definitely those that are snobbish about a simulator not belonging on an Xbox but I really think the tide is turning on that.

2 Likes

The fact that it okay in DCS at that setting does not necessarily translate into MSFS, as it probably uses different methods for up or down scaling - it is those methods I am trying to rule out by going to native resolution as I have first hand experience of them causing a blurry cockpit.

If you would rather wait until the 7th, then that is fine - only a few days. However, there is no guarantee that this issue will be part of the fix and you can always put your settings back after experimenting.

ahh, i use only 120 degree, because FS2020 can only display 115 degrees completely. Many objects outside are already invisble. XD next bug

A few missing objects are not really the concern at the moment, although I can understand why that would be annoying with an ultra wide headset. It may be worth upping the LODs above 5(00) just to see if that makes that better :thinking: - but one thing at a time. Render scale first. :grinning:

the LOD has nothing to do with this. FS VR had false viewports for wide FOV.
I have postet a little video.
look on the left outer side. the big buildings comes and go outside of 115 degree

1 Like

a little, but not really better

and now 100 + 100% ā€¦ CTD ā€¦ some minuts to wait

Itā€™s tricky to say for certain, because your video is being downscaled to 720p, but that blurriness looks VERY much like render scaling issues.

I would stick to 100% render scale for now - I know it seems counterintuitive, that lowering the resolution can make it sharper, but just humour me.

Is anything outside of MSFS doing any scaling?

Cheers man, i think we also discussed. If anything sounded offensive or wrongly that has not been the intention. We all can become emotional once in a while especially if we get misunderstood.

If iā€™m correct i was the one bringing in the numbers about who does and who do or donā€™t mention having issues or not. Unfortunately itā€™s an outcome from multiple years of experience with it in both b2b and b2c. And i just hope that it will be different some day (unless if you throw in some money :unamused: ).

Really hope the issues you are seeing will be solved. To have the community help, we often need something visual, just because we are not the developers and kind if need something to grasp on. Often seeing helps tremendously in identifying and also can cause an epifany. An example is the exFat vs NTFS behaviour, a lot of asking a lot of trial and error, a lot of frustrations. But, in the end it was found (bad example as there are no images involved, but i think you get my drift).

When trying to help, and posting a picture back, we often try to identify in our own perception what someone else is seeing. So if it can be pointed out, it will be identifyable and like ā€œdarn, he/she is right i also have this, letā€™s try to solve itā€.

Being a chef is often an underestimated job, long hours, heavy lifting, burning hot kitchens. Definitely a passion driven job, hopefully still enough fun!

Cheers!

1 Like