SU5 graphics quality

the video is only for object popping.

low quality test

Strange that those texture tiles are going missing from the top of the ‘screen’ as well? Is it a known issue with MSFS+Pimax?

yes Steam and/or pitool. pitool SS makes the picture clearer then Steam and use less cpu power.

yes, since the beginning with VR in FS. is on the known bug list

(with XTAL and StrarVR it is the same)

@RebuffedBee9595 @CptLucky8 The only thing I manually changed is the LOD factors. Apparently I changed them to a 3.000000, though I would have sworn I changed them to a 2.000000. But maybe that’s where the were when I started the process so that’s why my memory is wrong, as they are indisputably at 3 (and by they I mean both the 2D and VR settings), and I just checked it 30 seconds ago.

If there is anything else I changed manually in there, it must have been when I was drunk, but the only problem with that theory is that at my doctor’s request, I haven’t had a drink since the Fall of 2019. Although I’m planning to start violating that order soon unless they can give me a dam good reason why I should not. But that is neither here nor there.

I had previously changed several things in the post processing section, film grain for certain, and at least one other, but when I did that, I also put the LOD numbers at some ridiculous number my rig wasn’t beefy enough for, so I reverted the whole file back to the original default, meaning the changes to the post processing entries, whatever they were, had also been undone. It’s only been within the past few days that I changed the LOD settings.

The good news is that the setting of 3 is something my system handles without breaking a sweat, but the bad news is that if there is any difference in the visuals, they’re so subtle that my eyes have not noticed. But that could also explain why it’s so easy on my rig.

After making the changes to the LOD settings, and only the LOD settings, I saved the file and made it read-only.

I have no idea if this information is helpful in any way to anybody, but seeing some of the back and forth messages, I figured I’d just let y’all know this.

Kev

2 Likes

Is it possible to set those to 100% as well? That way there should be no up or down scaling being done - and if the cockpit is not sharp, then I am wrong and render scaling is almost certainly NOT the problem.

i try it
 FS need nearly 15minutes to start - to much mods :joy:

I just think also your sim can look amazing, already today. It does for me, with just a 2070s card, so I have hard time understanding why it doesn’t for you.

That’s okay - if you would rather leave it till another day. I will still be here. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

started and
 crazy, it looks like before - i can read. :heart_eyes:

Ok, now i will try performance tunig. the performance is worst :joy:

Frametimes 70-80ms

2 Likes

oh ■■■■, all back
ingame randerscale 200

but better then before with 200 -thx

it must be a steamVR prob. crazy

1 Like

That’s great!!! Now you just need to slowly change settings towards where they were before to improve performance - hopefully you will be able to see exactly which render setting causes the problem.

So glad you are on the way to getting it sorted. :grinning:

2 Likes

Unbelievable, with about 6000x6000pix the picture looks like on a 1080p monitor.

1 Like

I mean, if I can get views like this, why can’t you?

1 Like

If i try 90/105/110/120 Renderscale and/or any other steamSS, the blurnes comes back

Renderscale 125/150 looks good, 200 phenomenal
Ok, learned - every otherr setting as exactly 100% in Steam and 100 (125
) Rendescale are not fine for FS now.
Before, it was ok. maybe it is an steam thing @CptLucky8

but now, i have back more alaising :joy:, ok, thats a another story

but it sharp.

1 Like

The great thing about being a chef for me
I have not gone to work a single day in many many years!!! I absolutely LOVE what I do and love knowing that if I do my job right, people are happy and smile. I love that!!!

Greg

1 Like

I look at your photo and that’s what I USED to see. It really makes no sense at all that many of us used to see this and now some do and some don’t. I don’t. My clouds look worse than fs98 clouds. And I have changed NOTHING on my system from when they looked like this. It all happened after the SU5. So what (I know you don’t know) happened in that update that destroyed the graphics and experience for many of us but not others. When NONE of us changed our settings or hardware. And THAT is the question
 It’s why I am NOT a programmer any more. :slight_smile:
Greg

1 Like

I challenge you to take off from Megeve (LFHM) airport right now with live weather and send pictures how it looks like! :smiley:

It will probably come down to one setting (or possibly a couple in combination) - it just a question of finding the right one(s):stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Happy to help, if you would like? Though possibly not today, as I had a very late one last night.:tired_face:

1 Like

I think if the 20 or so youtube channels I subscribe to mention the graphics change and these guys live this sim, I tend to believe what they are saying, and considering Asobo are / maybe introduce options for PC users I would say that is confirmation.

1 Like

You don’t see how this proves the very point I was making?:confused:

1 Like