SU5 - MSFS2020 just crashes

I’ve blamed initially mods and various other things but the truth is that with my community folder just empty MSFS 2020 just crashes whatever airplane, whatever scenario or area… just some seconds after the simulation start.

I’ve read others are experiencing similar issue. Is there a bug or a thread I should refer to?
Thankyou all for any kind help.

Apparently, I’ve partially solved the issue limiting FPS at 30 with V-SYNC.
Just if anyone else stumbles into this don’t waste time emptying your community folder that got blamed for nothing.
This makes the resist for about half an hour then crashes again

1 Like

there are many many causes for ctd’s and oh yes often mods are an issue.
seems to me yours might be a temperature issue?

More likely a memory management problem… not sure if at FS level, Nvidia driver level or OS…
But FS crashes with a very vague event (something related Drivers… ) that suggests a very low level problem.
This is my event registry (unfortunately in italian)

Nome dell’applicazione che ha generato l’errore: FlightSimulator.exe, versione: 1.18.13.0, timestamp: 0x00000000
Nome del modulo che ha generato l’errore: FlightSimulator.exe, versione: 1.18.13.0, timestamp: 0x00000000
Codice eccezione: 0xc0000005
Offset errore 0x0000000001123df0
ID processo che ha generato l’errore: 0x464c
Ora di avvio dell’applicazione che ha generato l’errore: 0x01d7851619a9e613
Percorso dell’applicazione che ha generato l’errore: E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Percorso del modulo che ha generato l’errore: E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
ID segnalazione: b619c57c-95d0-4077-b732-ed8ecf059af0
Nome completo pacchetto che ha generato l’errore:
ID applicazione relativo al pacchetto che ha generato l’errore:

BTW my graphic card temp stays around 62 degree during Flight. Sounds far below alarming values

Hi,

Before creating new topics in this category, please use the search function to look for existing topics. Duplicate topics can negatively impact the community by splitting the conversation, reducing the number of votes an idea receives and making it hard for users to find useful information.

You can use the search system by clicking on the magnifying glass on the top navbar. You can make use of the advanced search system by clicking the options link in the search box.

If you find an existing topic you can open that topic to leave feedback, or vote for the topic. If you can’t find one then you can create a topic - don’t forget to discuss the what, why and how.

Search results for ‘su5 ctd’ - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums