SU5 Patch: it Updates Performance but not Graphics

It’s basically looking like FSX all over again. I really don’t get it… In terms of video technology we went back to October 2006 overnight.

Overall: Cartoony pixels, over-saturation and ugly (water) reflection models still here. Running it at a great pc bought especially for FS20 this year which produced stunning results back in SU4.

Is this after the hotfix? Graphics are not in this hotfix… this is mainly to address CTD’s and performance.

RELEASE NOTES 1.18.14.0

PC users: Some packages in your community folder may not have been updated and, as a result, may have an unexpected impact on the title’s performance and behavior. Please move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching the title if you suffer from stability issues or long loading times.

STABILITY/PERFORMANCE
  • Fixed various crashes in game and on the world map
  • Fixed crashes related to the offline AI traffic
  • Fixed minor memory leaks
INPUT
  • The title should no longer freeze for a very long time when connecting / disconnecting peripherals
NAVIGATION
  • Fixed broken flight plan for Garmin devices when adding an enroute waypoint that was inserted as a destination
  • Fixed flightplanner not resetting when going from one activity to another
  • Fixed flightplan from flight assistant not displaying on certain planes when VFR map is open after the destination is set
  • Fixed freezes happening when using the flight assistant when setting a new destination
UI
  • VR options should no longer be duplicated in the Option menu
  • Marketplace “Get and download” and “Download” buttons will now function as expected on the Content Page
  • User unable to interact with UI elements with the in game cursor for free flight in some cases
PLANES
  • Improvements of pitot static system to fix altimeter bugs, improve accuracy and correctly simulate temperature impact
  • Fixed AutoBrakes Button Behavior on the Airbus A320Neo
ACTIVITY / GAMEPLAY
  • The correct runway is now taken into account for the Landing challenge at Nice
  • Pilots are now displayed in external view at the Isafjordur Landing challenge
  • Title will no longer become unresponsive after using Fuel Supply and using a fuel or payload as a numerical value via ATC Ground Services
  • Some achievements will no longer be awarded in error for certain landing scenarios
WEATHER
  • Fixed big temperature spikes at high altitudes
SDK
  • Added new airspace to nearest facility JS API
  • Fixed crashes on WASM modules for older CPUs

Yeah these are taken just now. I’ve never experienced CTD’s with FS20, not even after SU5. For me they really broke it in terms of graphics. It just looks like FSX and it’s not supposed to do that. I’m just posting it here for developers to see. I don’t know what they are seeing over at their super computers, but my own super computer can only generate this which is a fraction of what it was last week. The ambiance is gone completely. I couldn’t even see the runway on short final due to over saturation and bad antialiasing.

1 Like

Yep, agree with the graphics, very strange… I am sure they will address and fix this. Feels like we are in a MSFS software experiment in trying to tune this thing. Colors are washed out and not as sharp.

2 Likes

Well as long as they remain tuning…

I’m just worried it’s never really going to fit, the SU4+ on an Xbox. Leaving us with… well… with “this”…

2 Likes

:rofl: love the “well im not” totally agree with you though, graphics look similar to what my son left in his nappy this morning…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.