SU5/SU6/SU7/SU8/SU9/SU10/SU11 and Bush Trips

how does the testing of the MSFS releases work?
Isn’t there an insider preview build being published a few weeks before?
how can the major bush trip bug be unreported and kept through a testing period to the final release?
Don’t they have enough testers or ignoring input or bored insiders that had completed all bush trips a year ago?

3 Likes

With all the basic and crucial functionality that Asobo manage to break again and again for each update… I’m thinking there basically can be little to absolutely no testing done :joy: And if there is, it’s obviously done extremely poorly…

Don’t think I can recall anyone doing QA as poorly as Asobo have managed to do it…

The next QA I hope their community manager, Jayne asks the question about the broken Bush Trips. Can’t we email her about this?

1 Like

I mean, I am - as part of the comminity - willing to help, report bugs early.
Checked the Insider Hub, but the only version I can see is a Reno-Airrace-Only.
May be this is the main focus and having no time for regression testing?

1 Like

Not sure about e-mail, but you can tag any user in a post by writing “@” followed by their username (Jayne’s being “Jummivana”). There’s an admin & moderator list here:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/about

But who’s to say the broken Bush Trips are really of any higher priority than any other significant bug? In a way, that’s for the voting to decide. Let’s all try to get it in the next Q&A session.

It would be interesting to know if the Bush Trips are broken for only a small percentage of users (those of us posting here), or all users. We can only guess as things stand - naturally almost everyone in this thread is having problems, but that doesn’t mean others are… :man_shrugging:

Before realizing the broken bush flights is systemic, I wanted to see if I could find ones that work. So, three days ago, I asked the question, “Is there a bug-free bush trip?”.

The number of people posting known good trips was zip, zero, nada. The lack of responses may not prove everyone is having trouble with bush flights but the silence did not rule it out.

2 Likes

Broker for me with the nevada bushtrips too. cant finish a leg

Something wrong with the Finland bush trip. Landed at EFKU (Kuopio) but flight was not checked.
Did the leg for a 2nd time, with the same result. Navlog completely empty.

I have 100% completed 3 bush trips and are currently stuck on 4 bush trips in various legs all showing the same bug - landing at an airport and not receiving a completion trigger.

I had three in progress when the last update went through and all are bugged.

Started the Germany trip and the first airport is not working.

Balkans trip leg 12 bug was recently fixed - only to have the same bug on leg 14 (and also leg 15 from another user).

I like alot of what Asobo do BUT I’m absolutely frustrated by the broken Bush Trips due to SU6 (deleted most of my “broken” saves in frustration).

They’ve become key part of my twice weekly co-op game sessions with my son for the last 12 months, replacing DCS for the most part.

If Asobo want to kill off casual multi-player, they are going the right way about it.

Are Bush Trips going the same way as “SPOTLIGHT events”, is there to be a hot fix, what happen to the internal beta testing that should have picked this up, should I really buy the Reno Deluxe Pack, when the next sim update could make it effectively unsupported/bugged?

I have been using bush trips since day one. Both the built-in ones and ones from flightsim.to. They all worked perfectly until updates 5 and 6. If you do ‘Continue’ after the first leg, the navlog and compass are in agreement for the second leg. At that point I exit to the main menu. The second leg flies fine but it does not register the landing. I’ve seen this happen several times.

2 Likes

What do these so called beta testerd do anyway? Don’t they report this bug. I wonder…

We ( I ) don’t know how the beta testing process is handled.
If everyone is allowed to do what they want, then maybe some bugs will not be discovered.

Best would be if there are dedicated beta test groups to test fixed bugs in the beta version and respond to Asobo.

But I think the beta program is for volunteers and they get not payed for the testing.
Testing at Asobo side should also be done, but we don’t know the staff situation at Asobo/MS side, so we cannot say they dont test proper and so on.

And also have in mind, no one wants to bulild faulty software, it is a da** bug which was not discovered during development. No developer will be proud of it!

Because of the silence from Asobo/ Microsoft on the subject (Bush trips) I almost convinced now that they Don’t know how to fix it…

2 Likes

But this is just a guess and looking into the glass sphere. I think we have to wait until 18th Nov and hope that its fixed in this version.
Until that date, we need to put pressure on Asobo via voting this topic and creating Zendesk tickets.

I hope for all of us, that we can soon enjoy our Bush Trips again working.

OK but I am sure that someone from Asobo or Microsoft must be watching these forums and so they must know of the problem that exists. and dont put your hopes high that on the 18th November will solve this issue. They had a golden oppurtunity to fix this on the last SU6 update but they did not…

2 Likes

FINALLY a respond from Jayne Jummivana Senior Community Manager after I sent her a message.

9 Likes

Thanks for your effort!

1 Like

Hooray progress, well done! Can you make it clear that there are multiple problems with bush trips. My ticket #131040 listed eleven as a result of SU5 and it looks like SU6 has caused more problems (end of leg not triggering for one).

1 Like

Thanks for the information,
the question is … when the next Q&A will be discuss…

1 Like