SU5/SU6/SU7/SU8/SU9/SU10/SU11 and Bush Trips

I went through a new bush trip started after SU7 and I’ve found the GPS and POI seem to mostly work as Intended now at least.

Still have the issue where a leg isn’t saved as completed though, just like before. I’m not sure why it’s been 3 updates now and we still have these problems.

1 Like

Just as a tiny bit more detail…
After pressing continue, make sure the suggested route white line appears in the VFR map before exiting.

2 Likes

I was able to refuel at a fueling station during the Iceland Bush Trip the other day. This was broken forever, wasn’t it?

Anyone tried a fuel truck?

This is possible since WU Nordic and a feature of BushTripInjector, refueling is available on all airports offering fuel. Since WU Nordic, the bush trips were created with BTI.

Does this mean if I attempt to fly an “older” bush trip like Alaska or Nevada, refueling is still broken?

It is not broken, it is just not implemented in those trips.

Thanks for that. I had no idea that Asobo just didn’t implement refueling in their earlier bush trips. Many of us were struggling to get that “bug” acknowledged but I guess there was never a bug, just a “feature” not implementing it :slight_smile: Pretty odd choice by Asobo on that, causing a lot of needless confusion and frustration.

I didn’t fly a bushtrip for a long time, but if I remember well using “Repair & Refuel” instead of just “Refuel” works also where you have no fuel station.

Yeah but it’s a bit ‘cheated’ immersion wise :slightly_smiling_face: since you can do it at any time where refueling only is available at fuel stations.

Has anyone tried old Alaska bush trip after su7? I had it at around 70% and it got reset. So I decide to give it another go, first leg just fine, saved everything, nothing disappeared. Though when I started 2nd one it’s now giving me life weather in Alaska instead of preset. With low clouds, 20 knots headwinds, snow and icing. Makes it’s mostly hard to fly, even though I still made it, however it didn’t log 2nd leg on arrival so it’s broken again for me.

Nobody is pointing a gun on your head to oblige you nor looking at what you do .
It remains your own choice and it’s a balance between cheat and honesty, between you and yourself :wink:
And if you only use it at places where Asobo forgot to place a fuel pump where it should be done, it’s not really a cheat. It’s correcting an error…
:joy:

I would always wait to find a fuel pump, taxi up to it and THEN hit the ‘repair/refuel’ key.

Hey, it made me happy…

There is such a lot of good feedback here - thank you community. I am struggling with finding the many fixes and to work out (I’ve been at it an hour) where the answers in the various forums are. If someone were to be kind enough to amalgamate them into one brilliant answer that would be great - I was trying to do that myself unsuccessfully. I guess I’ll go back to Alaska where I’m sitting on an airport with blank VFR map and blank nav log waiting for something to happen, exit, go to previous leg, see if that works. Then I’ll try to navigate to the right file somewhere in my PC, delete it and refly the whole thing using Dev Mode to skip near the next airport until I have caught up. That’s what I’ve gleaned, but I cannot find the post that told me where that file was, how to edit it etc. Can’t be that hard.

Wish me luck!

The simple answer to that is for Asobo to fix the Bush Trips since they messed it with the SU5. Even Martial Bossard from Asobo admited that there are problem with the Bush trips on their last Developer Q&A Twitch Series: November 17th, 2021.

2 Likes

Just so you know, I went back to the last completed leg, and flew the leg that did not register all over again. Still no line on the VFR map, but it was simple to follow the logic of the Nav Log (which was there for this trip when I restarted). The airport did register the second time I flew the (long) flight, and I have 2 legs remaining. I will be careful to stick to the navigation instructions as religiously as possible, to avoid a repeat incident of failure to register. I had not appreciated that Asobo wish you to go past all of the POIs that they describe and took a VFR navigation strategy that was more real-world: what (without navigation aids) would be the most secure route to be certain to get to the next airport. This strategy probably omitted a POI or two and it would appear that was my issue. Fly around them all, I guess, folks.

I don’t think this is necessary. I’ve completed a few bush trips flying direct to the destination airport.

Guys, let me bring up MY TOPIC here. In short, I’ve lost all my bush trip progress after reinstalling to new HDD and updating to SU7. How can I fix this problem?

He hasn’t fixed it. I have already done the third stage of the Swiss lakes route three times and he does not recognize me. I give up.

Hi I was able to finish the Botdeaux to Mt Blanc trip and I was so excited the actually registered. So I went to the Germany Journey and discovered it still would not register Leg to Edaq landed safely as previously but it does not register. I even then used the Teleport function to be sure I was at the correct airport… and still nothing. So everything is not fixed. I hate to start that trip over but I have just that one and another that stopped registering in a middle leg to complete all trips. So…not sure what to do next

Hello,

The old saves are corrupted but the news run correctly.

If you want to finish an old saves :
1/ you have to removed all files saves (important).
2/ then use the teleporting option (mod DEV) for each leg (with validation for each legs), to the last leg where you was. This method asks some minutes,
3/ then flight normally for the next leg and the validation will be correct.

I finished the German part 4 with this method, without problem to finish the last legs.
Now I will start the German part 5, a new mission, and I am sure it will be correct.

1 Like