SU5/SU6/SU7/SU8/SU9/SU10/SU11 and Bush Trips

Yeah, while flying Bush Trips is one of my favorite activities in MSFS, both Asobo’s and by other creators, this bugginess is a great killjoy for flying them, unless of course, you decide to do the Yosemite one once again.

3 Likes

I mostly use bush trips in MSFS and after WU6 it is quite impossible to use any new bush trip.
Please fix it, thanks.

4 Likes

I’ve been flying these bush trips for the best part of a year now. The more recent trips have changed in that the emphasis on self navigation via visual ground references has reduced or been dropped. What hasn’t changed is that the software that controls the trips has always been buggy. Some of the old bugs have gone, only to be replaced by new ones.

One option I sometimes use (I have the luxury of a second screen) is to drop the mission flight plan in to Little Navmap. While flying you can then use Little Navmap to help with the navigation if you need to. Doing this you could even fly the bush trip route as a normal free flight or flights of course. If you don’t already use Little Navmap do yourself a favour and download it.

Basically what I’m saying is don’t expect these bush trips to be bug free, I don’t think they ever will be. Try to find an approach that works for you, but if the result isn’t enjoyable then, for now at least, ignore the trips part of the sim.

The Bush Trips are the reason I fly MSFS. They were working just fine prior to the SU5. What I use now is the FS Map tool so i can navigate using my ipad. But lets hope Asobo will repair these on the upcoming SU6

2 Likes

Even with the small fix of yesterday, the bush trips remain unusable.
I hope they will be fixed on next release.
Now they are playable if you start from first one and play…and play…and play until you finish it.
If you stop in the middle, when you reload the point in which you were, the flight plan is missing or pointing to a previous location start. :sob:

2 Likes

They aren’t unusable per se. You can still fly them using NavLog for guidance and as long as you press Continue to Next Leg before quitting, the progress is saved. The only thing that’s borked this way is the autopilot navigation. Basically the plane’s avionics completely forget that you flew a bunch of the trip already and wants to fly back. Your best bet is to pretend AP doesn’t exist.

2 Likes

Does this “workaround” also fix the 00:00 flight time entries in the logbook?
(as far as you also suffer from this feature!)

1 Like

Yes this is very annoying. What’s funny is I actually had the autopilot go back and refly a previous POI only to get stuck in an endless loop because the sim didn’t recognize I already flew it.

You can use the G1000 and select the flight plan. Then choose the POI you are supposed to fly to. Select “Act Leg” on the G1000. Autopilot will fly to it. It’s a temporary work around. Make sure to do this on the MFD and not the PFD.

If you select “Continue” during a bush trip you will probably have the bug where the time doesn’t record in the logbook.

The fix is to select “back to menu”. However, if you do this you might also run into the route disappearing bug on the mini map.

1 Like

I have the same problem with the German bush trip. I finished all single sections, landed at the end on the airport of Bad Endorf, the game finished this session for me but the last trip is not shown as „completed“. Tried it three times (I haven’t to use the log anymore, because I know the route by heart now), but it does not work. This is really frustating.
But „good“ to see, that I am not the only one, who has to struggle with this issue.

4 Likes

Got back to the issues and it looks like the hot-fix removed the POI requirement to complete and get credit for the trip. Finished the last problem trip mentioned earlier by simply ignoring any POI or nav headings which still appear to be troublesome. Flew out the trip using VFR headings / time from the Nav Log and landing at the correct spot. Cheers.

Hi,
The update 1.19.9.0 resolved my problem.
Nice day.

After the update the last session in the German bush trip starts in a building. Only one POI and the landing is shown in the „to do list“. Restart does not work.
When I start the penultimate stage I am not able to adjust the autopilot height. It remains on 99900 feet.

2 Likes

AP also does not seem to work anymore. It did with the earlier Bush Trips and it works when I fly outside of the Bush Trips with the same aircraft. I like to use this to maintain altitude and bearing while enjoying the scenery.

2 Likes

I had a problem today where I got to the end of my Iceland Bush trip, my very first Bush trip I’ve completed and I come in to land on the final runway and put the breaks on and come to a full stop and wait for where the screen goes off and see completed, but no the screen went blank and a message came up that read you’ve ran out of fuel, you can’t complete the Bush trip!
I was sickened!
And when I go to restart that final leg of the journey it spawns me on the final runway destination!

2 Likes

I started today the Alaska-Trip and here the autopilot is working fine. It seems, that only the german file is „broken“ or not working properly.

I have not flown the German Bush Trips yet, for me it started with the Nordic Bush Trips.

If you finish any leg and you want to go back to the main menu (without continuing) then it breaks. It wasn’t like this before the SU5. and also only 4 digits of the POI are shown in the Garmin G1000

3 Likes

Wondering how long will it take before this becomes “bug-logged.”

4 Likes

Yes, it‘s really about time. I have only recently discovered the bush trips, but they are really a lot of fun. These bugs spoil the whole fun of the game.

3 Likes