SU5/SU6/SU7/SU8/SU9/SU10/SU11 and Bush Trips

The discussion with Matt from Working Title Simulations is getting interesting:

Maybe we should open another support thread and try to vote it up?

But, do you think the external WT application can be voted here? I think we have to discuss that with them on discord

I understand the intentions that you should find the path by your own and use the nav log, but some nav log entries are just
 yes
 :slight_smile:
I use the BT to explore also the environment along the route - I hope we can find a solution with the WT team to bring the FPL back to the WT G1000 - because its so much better instead of the original one.

I agree. I also like to explore the environment around and I use the auto pilot to fly the plane and read the nav info as well as teach the plane on my iPad using the FS Map tool. So please Asobo and WT do what is necessary so we can enjoy the Bush trips.

Bush trips are broken pls fix asap or even yesterday would be fine!!!

5 Likes

I also love the Bush Trips and it’s a pity to find that they’re in such a clunky state. I was going to write a post about my experience, only to find this already enormous thread chronicling the situation throughout every recent update.

Still, here’s what I’ve seen on my end (playing on XSX):

• Some Bush Trips do not seem to register as complete in the pilot profile (same goes for activities like Landing Challenges, which I’ve noticed will eventually register after you do them a few times
 since Bush Trips are pretty involved though, it’s unlikely players will be redoing them many times for this fix to work).

• Since SU7, the screen freezes every time I’m about to start a new leg right after finishing the previous one. The only way to fix this is to quit the game and go back to dashboard/desktop, then restart again.

• VFR maps don’t show the white pathway line after the first leg since SU7 for me. I do admit, I wonder whether the bug here is for that line to show instead of not show, since finding your way around is extremely easy when you can see it and I kinda prefer it without.

• POIs don’t load in the VFR map until your plane is within a certain distance to them. This can be very disorienting, since you may be looking around in the map for that airport you’re heading to, only it doesn’t show at first, making you think you’re in the wrong place.

• The first leg of the Patagonia Trip used to load with the plane already in mid take off position, literally in the air. Not sure if it still does this after SU7 however.

• The Balkans Trip seems to be notoriously problematic for a lot of people, from what I’ve seen. In my case, it never registered as complete in my profile despite having finished every leg and getting the achievement for it (which, I suppose it’s worth mentioning, popped like half an hour after I had finished the trip while on the menu screen).

• I had at least one occasion where the pilot avatars did not load in the plane when looking at it from outside view. The plane was flying by itself!

• After uninstalling and installing the game recently, the progress percentage in the Bush Trips I had completed disappeared and it all went back to 0%. A number of them were still listed as complete in my pilot profile though.

On the positive side, a lot of this stuff is not really a big deal. The trips are still playable and a lot of fun. Freezes and progress issues are more annoying, however. Hopefully they’ll get fixed eventually, although from the looks of it, they’ve only been getting worse (at least in my experience, I had less issues after SU6 than SU7).

1 Like

I also wanted to open a ticket, as I experience the same issues as most of you :

• If I crash during a leg, I cannot simply restart the leg, as it will always put the plane right where I crashed, and I cannot simply take off from there. Two work-arounds : either begin from the previous leg and complete it to properly begin the current leg again, or use the dev mode to put the plane in a proper location to continue the leg.

• Sometimes the legs are not marked as completed :
    See legs 7 and 8 which I have completed.

• The VFR does not update and always shows North, so I have to base heading on visual references and stopwatch. I have completed various legs like that, it’s not bad but can be stressing sometimes :-p

Regards.

1 Like

EDIT :
I created a ticket in the FlightSimulator Zendesk page, and it is instantly marked as solved :smiley:
How do I open a ticket to tell them the tickets page is buggy :-p

Another way to deal with it is after each leg, copy the content of the folder of the last completed leg to a folder of your own. Next time when you crash, copy the previous saved leg from your own folder to the actual save folder. Then you can restart that leg on the normal position for that leg and you don’t have to fly the previous.

If that happens (you crash and can’t take off), you don’t have to complete the previous leg again, you can load it up and then quit straight away, and then you will be able to restart the current leg from the start.

MODERATOR EDIT:
The problem is also that if you arrive at the right place indicated by the navlog (photo)
The game doesn’t validate the step, and you can’t move on to the next one!

Le problĂšme c’est aussi que si tu arrives bien au bon endroit indiquĂ© par le navlog (photo)
Le jeu ne valide pas l’étape, et tu ne peux pas passer Ă  la suivante !

41da0a0a-94f2-44a5-8005-227895c671d4|690x388

what? all are writing in ENG but you choose FRA
 what are you expecting? At lease the google translator should be used

3 Likes

Maybe he wants only the French anwer

1 Like

He said:

“The problem is also that if you arrive at the right place indicated by the navlog (photo)
The game does not complete the stage, and you cannot continue to the next!”

Thanks, I managed to do the “dev mode trick” I saw on another post : with the teleport tool, move the plane to latitude and longitude of the destination.

There is always the bug today :frowning:
I can no more complete the Nevada bush trip since a few months, frozen on step 18, that I cannot validate, and I cannot go to the next step 19.

There is no information on a bug fix date for this case.

There are different work-arounds mentioned for your problem on this forum. The one i used, is to delete all saved files from your bushtrip and start over again. Use the developer mode to go fast from 1st to 2nd airport and so on, untill you’ve reached number 18. Then fly that leg and everything should be oke again.

So 
 the latest release notes for the 1.21.17.0 patch indicates the fixes will be part of a December update. When is this supposed to be available? I know this is currently available in the beta version but only for the Xbox version.

Are you talking about the Bush trip fixes

More about the supposed fixes listed in the Release Notes

Most of the bush trip issues previously listed seemed to be fixed after #7

Well - at least in the sense previously broken trips are still broken but new ones work fine. I know if you hit Continue after completing each leg (before exiting) the waypoints are saved correctly.

Speaking of waypoints, they seem to be loaded correctly into the Garmin but only in selected airplanes - the Cessna 72 for example. I know they don’t get loaded in the Diamond planes

And my question was more of a “when is it coming out” rather than a “what’s in it”

The waypoints are even loaded in the DA40 - if the waypoints are not laoded, you might using the WT 1000 - this “issue” is already addressed to the WT developers - they discuss about it - normally the game design does not want to load the FPL into G1000

About your still broken BT - remove the save files and start it again - maybe use the deveoper tools to teleport through the legs until you are at your last status - but this is also written in the topic here