SU5/SU6/SU7/SU8/SU9/SU10/SU11 and Bush Trips

Definitely agree. They added to the immersion of the sim, and gave a purpose to exploring the new regions. Given that the WU6 added new trips, I’m curious the team didn’t see this in their internal test cases (just for confirmation, I have a vanilla install of MS Store versions with zero addons).

2 Likes

Yes but unfortunately that does defeat the purpose of the bush trips which is to hit the beautiful POIs… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Restart the previous leg, then quit to main menu when it loads in. Now restart the failed leg. It should reset your position to the originating runway. This worked for me several times after crashing in a forest and respawning there repeatedly.

5 Likes

In case you haven’t noticed, the Nav Log has all the POI’s and the verbage about them.

My solution for the POI track disappearing on subsequent legs is just to add a direct-to to the destination airport when starting at the origin, just for reference. Then I fly by nav log, using POI description, heading and time, as well as guessing the route ahead of time by examining the map.

Generally it works okay, the descriptions aren’t always useful (Finland is unusable), but you can get very close to the intended track and always at least land at the end. Given the bugs in bush trips, I don’t consider this cheating. It does make things a little more tedious and requires some knowledge of using the G1000/G3X to enter flight plans but it’s doable.

Of course if you prefer autopilot, you can fly it by HDG to the POIs instead of NAV, letting you have a relatively easy flight while leaving the direct-to activated for reference.

Trips like the Mariposa don’t have any autopilot. Strictly heading and time.

For those who likes bush trips, do you know you can change the plane used for any bushtrip ?
That’s a way to make them easier or more difficult, choosing a plane with or without A/P, Garmin, or a STOL one.
You can also change time, weather, etc… but this needs some knowledge.
Some boring trips already made could become more challenging.

You would need to change plane by entering dev mode in options. Bush trip authors do not have the option to let the user choose.

No need for Dev mode or anything complicated.
A simple change in the concerned .FLT file is enough.
And it’s longer to explain than to do :wink:
I’ve made an example with the France bushtrip:
The first thing to do is to locate the .FLT file.

• For MS Store version it’ s in:
    x:\InstallPackages\Official\OneStore\asobo-bushtrip-france\Missions\Asobo\BushTrips\France

• For Steam version:
    x:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\InstallPackages\Official\Steam\asobo-bushtrip-france\Missions\Asobo\BushTrips\France

• x: is disk’s letter where you made your install.

• Edit the france.FLT file (Windows Notepad is OK)

• Go to the 4th section named [Sim.0]

• Replace the plane name: e.g. Sim=DA40-NG Asobo
    with the plane name of your choice (The name should be EXACTLY the one you can find in the following list). e.g. Sim=TBM 930 Asobo

• Dont forget to save, and fly the bushtrip with the plane you prefer !

• WARNING: Doing this will reset this bushtrip to zero. If you have already started this bushtrip or finished it, be aware of this.

List of planes names for standard edition:
Airbus A320 Neo Asobo
Pitts Asobo
Boeing 747-8i Asobo
Asobo XCub
TBM 930 Asobo
DA40-NG Asobo
DA62 Asobo
Extra 330 Asobo
FlightDesignCT Asobo
Icon A5 Asobo
VL3 Asobo
Mudry Cap 10 C
DR400 Asobo
Bonanza G36 Asobo
Beechcraft King Air 350i Asobo
Cessna 152 Asobo
Cessna Skyhawk G1000 Asobo
Cessna Skyhawk G1000 Floaters Asobo
Cessna Skyhawk G1000 Skis Asobo
Cessna 208B Grand Caravan EX
Cessna CJ4 Citation Asobo
Asobo Savage Cub

• If you want to use a plane with another livery than default, you’ll find it’s exact name in the aicraft.cfg file of this livery in section [FLTSIM.0]
    e.g. title = “Cessna 152 Kenmore Livery” .

• Same for liveries in your community folder, you’ll find the name in the aircraft.cfg file in the concerned livery folder.

• For encrypted planes of Deluxe/Premium editions, it requires a little bit more work as they dont have an aircraft.cfg file. If someone want to know how to do, I’ll explain, but not this evening, this post is long enough now.

Voilà, voilà…

3 Likes

Thanks, but I am playing on Xbox.

Found there may be a way to restore the AP and POIs for each leg:

• Select the previous leg in the Bush Trip menu and click “Restart From”
  • Once the flight is loaded, you will see the route and GPS POIs. No need to complete the leg - just exit back out to the main menu.
  • Now go to the leg you were trying to fly and it will be marked as “Restart From”. The flight will now load with the route and POIs on the map and GPS.

As others have noted, this seems to be caused by selecting “Main Menu” after completing a leg, rather than “Continue”. This was introduced after SU5.

IMO this is certainly a reproduceable bug that can be logged and addressed.

[edit] bug report submitted; can change to support request if required.

2 Likes

Tried that and the POIs for the last stage of the German bush trip have been restored. I‘ve flown the last stage just a few minutes ago, finished the whole trip (again) and it is still showing only 90%.

That’s frustrating. I’m just finishing the Iceland trip and will see if there’s any other workaround.

And the funny part is everyone is hitting Main Menu after each leg so their flight time actually gets recorded instead of saying 00:00. We can’t win.

1 Like

This is definitely a problem. So it takes longer to accrue flight hours if you play bush trips.

I’m right now having to replay a leg because it doesn’t show a check mark next it. Anyone seen this before and know a potential fix? I’m reflying it right now.

2 Likes

In the Garmin g1000 do you see all 5 digits of the POI?

Yes, like mentioned above, I have the same problem with the last stage in the german bush trip. It is not shown as completed. I tried it several times.

Never tested it, as I usually use the autopilot (HDG) to get to the POIs.

The German trip gave me a lot of trouble. That’s the one that seemed to have the worst issues with the flight profile (POI’s) loaded in the nav system autopilot. If the POI BRG shown at the top of the display doesn’t agree with the HDG, you’re borked. I beat it by flying the POI bearing & range at the top of the display. If the POI flight profile is still working in the nav system, just continue to fly using the POI BRG. If it takes you over an airport you’ve already landed at, just keep going until you get to the uncompleted legs airport, overfly it’s POI, then circle around and land. I can’t speak to XBox ops. Good luck

All Bush Trips are in a mess. Lets hope that Asobo will repair these in the next SU6, Look at the photo, instead of showing the next POI that it should be POI 5 to POI 6 it shows only POI to POI . And the distance should be only 8NM it shows 121.5NM.

1 Like