SU5/SU6/SU7/SU8/SU9/SU10/SU11 and Bush Trips

I’d see that a lot on the longer trips once the POI it thinks has been missed or not recorded as completed and I continued on with the trip. Back up to an earlier leg to see if that distance improves. Otherwise, if the flight profile in the nav system is borked, you’ll need to start over. And one more thing, if you do start over, you needn’t land at destination legs that are checked off. Put it on autopilot and just keep going to the unfinished leg and land. Good luck.

Hmm, time to retry the Alaska bush trip with the B747-8i ???

1 Like

WE have established that bush trips are broken. Please keep the tickets going in to Asobo everyone so they get fixed asap. Hopefully this tip will help if the poi is wrong and the distance is way out at the start of a new leg. The process that works for me is this (100% complete with gps and nav log working throughout on all 4 recent Asobo bush trips).

1. Finish leg of flight.
  2. Choose continue and let next leg load up.
  3. Quit to Main Menu.

Next time

1. Load next leg of bush trip. The distance may well be wrong as you describe.
  2. press ‘escape’
  3. choose ‘reload’
  4. The distance should change and be much better. If it is not perfectly correct, it should correct itself as you roll for take off.

I hope this helps people. :slight_smile:

I have not crashed but believe you can load an earlier leg where things are set properly then quit out and choose the to continue the leg you want to fly. There is no need to re-fly the earlier leg completely. I have not tested this personally but read it has worked for others.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for taking the time to advise us. I did try your instructions above and sometimes it works. By the way can you see all the letters of the POI in the G1000?

But as you said Asobo MUST fix this in their next SU6 update

I only get 4 digits on the G1000. When I am flying between POI16 and POI17 it reads POI1 - POI1. Despite this it still guides you correctly if you follow the steps I outline above. If you happen to crash during a leg it certainly adds to the fun. I did so on purpose yesterday evening and I ‘re-spawned’ in a lake about three miles from the crash which immediately triggered another crash! The ‘start an earlier leg’ method got things back on track as I described in my post but hadn’t tried before.
Bush flying is still just possible but desperately needs to be fixed. I put the priority to fix things broken since launch higher than adding new content such as Top Gun and air races but perhaps I am biased as a bush trip author. Keep those tickets going into Asobo and vote at the top of the thread if you have not already done so :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The Alaska bush trip is also broken now. I crashed the plane while landing in leg 3, when I restart it, my plane is located on the ground between trees and crashes immediately again.

I don’t feel like playing the previous level again to “fix” Leg 3 because I have to fly for over an hour here.

Edit: I made it. I carefully maneuvered the plane out of the trees and took off in a meadow. The airport was nearby, thank God. After landing, the leg was completed.

Nevertheless: that can’t be in the inventor’s sense, can it?

Yes the whole Bush Trp experience is a bit of a mess since SU5:

• legs disappearing
  • POI sections disappear in the Navlog when you exit a leg part way through and then continue
  • route no longer shown in VFR with white line
  • completed bush trips not marked as completed (last leg doesn’t seem to get recorded)
  • if you crash you will restart at the same point but on the ground, which means you can’t continue
  • missing POIs in the VFR

One of those when there are so many you give up on the activities.

Also noticed that the newer Bush Trips are shorter with less useful information in the Navlogs than there used to be (they got lazy - Bush Trips seem to be low on Asobo’s priority list)

Raised support ticket:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/127573

5 Likes

Thanks for the link. Just raised a ticket.

I’m also frustrated by the bush trip progress not syncing between PC and Xbox - I’d completed the first 5 or so legs of the Balkans bush trip on my Xbox and wanted to pick up on PC as it was easier with the joystick etc, and my progress is back to 0%.

Bush trip progress is saved on the local machine and not in the cloud so will not sync with XBox as things stand.

My case has been marked as SOLVED, roll on SU7 :slightly_smiling_face:

My case (German bush trip, not able to complete it) has also the status solved now.

Note that solved does not mean solved as the word suggests. For Zendesk solved means the bug has been noted. When and if it will be really solved in the game is a complete different story. Some so called solved bugs are still unsolved for over a year.

1 Like

Quoting from this page; https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014232420-Zendesk-Bug-Reporting-FAQ

• Solved: The bug report has been handled—our team has recorded the bug in our internal bug and issue tracker. Please note this does not mean you will see the bug fixed in the next update, but has been recorded and prioritized accordingly.

Solved may not mean actually ‘solved’.

Edit: Sorry to repeat your post SierraHotel2873. We must have been typing at the same time!

2 Likes

And its unbelievable that Asobo and Microsoft are so quite about this problem…

2 Likes

Then shouldn’t this thread be tagged as per their new protocols?

It should be tagged as Bug Logged. Moderators I think need to do this

1 Like

Yes I think that if the moderators see that a problem is registered by lots of readers then they should advise Asobo and Microsoft about it.

1 Like

Now I have Alaska also at 90%. At the last leg, I crashed at the final landing (because I had to sneeze!) and the second attempt does not make it set as final.

Edit: after restart I started anywhere in the air, far away (in the wrong direction) from the airport I should usually start. So the last leg took me nearly an hour i.o. 30 minutes. And it does not count.

Did you get a “Leg Completed” message at the end?

I thought this only happened with the Bush Trips from the last two World Updates, but maybe it’s a general issue introduced by the SU5 code.