SU5, terrible GFX

It’s not. The majority on PC do not look like this . Fact

1 Like

What some of you talking about???
After SU5 we get a massive downgrade with lots of bugs and CTDs.
So what you are talking about???

The graphics are very very very very bad.
Many bugs.
I cant fly anymore.

So what you are talking about???

This game is unplayable.

1 Like

In FACT , Every single PC version is now downgraded into a console port .

Ok, stay happy. Play something else ?

1 Like

Folks - this is real simple. Focus on the topic, not on each other. There are way too many characterizations and personal attacks happening in this thread. Keep it clean and between the lines or we will action this thread.

3 Likes

I guess everyone should talk about the opening post containing a picture with graphics that show issues definitely worse than others have proven with screenshots.
And then you jump in and talk (offtopic) about general issues.

People actually started trying to help before it got taken over again by the crowd just spamming general statements instead.

2 Likes

Try this: go into the appdefaut/roaming/microsoftflighsim directory.
In there, there will be a file called usercfg.opt. 1st make a copy of the file and call it something along the lines of usercfg.opt.orig. Now open the usercfg.opt file with your text editor Notepad or whatever it is you use.

There are two lines under the graphics section

Terrain
LoDFactor 2.00000 change this value to 4 or better

ObjectsLoD
LoDFactor 2.00000 change this value to 4 or better

now save the file. Now right click on the file and choose properties. Down at the bottom of that will be a File Attributes checkboxes. Choose read only. save and rerun the sim. Ive had the top 2 values set as high as 9 and it looked spectacular and ran great on ultra at 3840 virt res. constant 20 fps the whole time. If I run in 1920 native mode it looks spectactular and runs at 45FPS . Everything on Ultra.

Try that. Keep in mind if theres another update rename the usercfg.opt file to something like usercfg.opt.works then copy the usercfg.opt.orig to usercfg.opt and make sure the file is no longer read only and update. Rinse and Repeat.

Also if you have any old cache files delete them older cache files can cause issues as well…Hope this helps.

Usercfg.opt again. Posts about Usercfg.opt should be banned.

LOL post about boohoo its not pretty should be banned if your not willing to try the manual way IMHO

2 Likes

That only makes matters worse if it’s bandwidth issues. Instead, pause and drop terrain detail down (prioritizing loading the detail near you) and see if that clears up the PG data. (leave object detail at 200)

Check in the performance monitor what FS2020 is downloading from where at what speed. (the map data is usually coming from a server ending in deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com)

Yes but if its a bandwidth issue he needs to be complaining to his ISP not here on the forums, bandwidth is the user’s responsibility not Asobo’s.

3 Likes

The question of @hobanagerik might be quite important here.
Does the server selection in sim make a difference where bing data is loaded from?
Might switching the server give a better result?

There’s various data the sim is connecting to servers for, and I’m not sure which are affected by the server selection:

• multiplayer (of course)
  • weather?
  • realtime traffic?
  • atc text to speech?
  • bing maps?
  • photogrammetry?

Do we know these details?

2 Likes

My personal experience with this has been it doesnt seem to make much of a difference. If I have a bad ping on the east coast server, I can choose another but it really doesnt seen to change anything. Back in the long ago Pre January, I had a couple of occasions that if I switched to the west server instead of the east server things got better, but at least here this hasnt seemed to matter since Jan.

1 Like

I guess if it’s going through akamai, that’s a load balancer with regional routing anyways and there it wouldn’t make sense to give the users a choice.

But I’d still like to know if there’s been any official information on how it works yet.

Also TO said they used VPN for downloading packages, not sure if that might interfere somehow with the experience in sim.

I just got switched to offline ATC voices again, Azure text to speech currently not rssponding, while all the other FS2020 server traffic works fine (talking to 10 different servers atm). There is also no option to turn it back on to Azure text to speech. What can my ISP do about that…

There is not one server to connect to yet identifying where the PG data comes from and figuring out what’s going on between the server and you might help. PG data should be obvious to spot in the performance monitor, it can spike up to over 100mbps in London.

Lol it just said continue to 56 10 to the power of 70 following heading … for Continue to 56E70 following heading … In game text to speech has scientific conversion :rofl:

For me the worst is not the scenery (even with that decreased LOD), but the AA now it’s so blurry, for example the analog instruments in the cockpit doesn’t look like before (I do have everything in ultra), and also the colour is not looking realistic as it used to be.

Add the decreased quality in clouds, the loose of volumetric lighting and the stutters we’ve got when pan around (I do prefer to get constant 45fps like before SU5 was released, than have 60 that change when I look around), and yes, definitely the SU5 has brought us some bad GFX.

3 Likes

Your right, that one you should be howling at Asobo about, obviously they’re having issues with it, Last night I was running with PG on and while it looked okay and the FPS were fine, when I turned it off and kept flying all of a sudden my little cessna felt like I was flying a jet plane ROFL…still had the same fps and all just the sim felt it was running alot faster.

1 Like

some more pictures taken now, slightly better but still horrendous compared to what it was

Here is mine on a 100mpbs connection LOD tweaked pass 200 and your specs are way way more powerful compared to mine. Could possibly be bandwidth related where the scenery is not streaming in well.

Are you getting any bandwidth message?

I just don’t get it,

No bandwidth message or anything, and my net is very stable exactly the same as it was pre update

I’m just confused, as stated before it looked amazing before, I could take a bit of a gfx hit, but this is something else