SU5/SU6/SU7/SU8/SU9/SU10/SU11 and Bush Trips

I would like to report that after the SU5/SU6/SU7/SU8/SU9 there still some problems with all the Bush Trips as well as the ones included in all SU updates. After you complete the first leg of any Bush trip and you want to go to the Main screen and continue later the POI indications in the FD panels and in the VFR Map desappear. Another problem completed bush trips are not marked as completed. Also only 4 characters are shown of the POI on the FD panel. For example is you have POI24, you only see POI2 the 4 is not shown.

I’m running the German bush trip. After the first leg, both the POI’s and the course line are no longer visible in the VFR map making it useless. Only using heading and time to finish the trip legs.

1 Like

As I replied earlier, Bush trips were broken before WU6 in the way you describe - 4 digit only POIs as well. The best chance of working around this problem is to continue straight on to the next leg of the trip at the end of a leg and let the aircraft sit on the runway for a moment or so before quitting back to the main menu.
I have just used this method to complete the new German bush trip and had working Garmin and Nav Log all the way through.
Please send a ticket to Asobo as the more that are sent, the faster things are likely to be fixed.

4 Likes

Hm i had this already in my First Leg of the Grand Alpine Challange. Did not see any POI Markers :confused:

1 Like

Normally you see them on the first leg but if you stop the trip and go back to the main menu and then start the 2nd leg, then all the POI numbers desapear from the VFR map as well as in the FD.

1 Like

Additionally, if opening at first a bush trip with more legs than the second, the legs are not refreshed when watching the second bush trip start page
In my case I’ve opened the AUSTRIA TYROL HIGH MOUNTAINS with 8 Legs, then going back and opened the SWISS NORTHERN LAKES with only 3 Legs, there previous AUSTRIA thumbnails are still displayed and the previous AUSTRIA bush trip #8 Leg info is also still displayed

1 Like

Lets hope that Asobo will fix this with the next Sim update in October.

4 Likes

Profsc410Tech Alpha Insider
The best chance of working around this problem is to continue straight on to the next leg of the trip at the end of a leg and let the aircraft sit on the runway for a moment or so before quitting back to the main menu.

Continuing to the next leg BEFORE escaping to the Main menu does in fact preserve the course line and POI’s for when you decide to fly again. Thanks.

2 Likes

There also is an issue with the Balkans Bush Trips. One of the airports (Missolonghi) does not exist in the game anymore, making the bush trip impossible to complete as it will not register you landing there.

8 Likes

I tried the suggestion to start from leg 1, let the route load up, then exit and go to the leg I was up to. This didn’t work. Still no vfr route.

What did happen when I did this is that my 37min flight was recorded as 0 hrs in the logbook. Annoying.

1 Like

I have tried your method and it worked untill the 4th leg and then it went crazy. At the start of the 5th leg the POI showed me as the next POI no 1, 143 miles away. I had to go back to refly the previous leg to get it right again. I really wish Asobo fix this in their nesxt SU.

1 Like

This happened once on the new German flight but I was able to get round it by immediately restarting the leg (escape then choose restart). This set the POI to the previous one and the correct one triggered as I rolled for take off. It is still all really broken but if you are lucky you can just about struggle through. Let’s keep fingers crossed for the next update and keep those tickets going in so Asobo know all the problems we are finding.

1 Like

Very interesting that Asobo invests its working time in new bushtrips instead of solving this very annoying bug… Doesn´t make sence to me. Besides the fact that none of the workarounds works for me, the bush trips are not of any value for people who don´t read this forum.

By the way, @Asobo: Nice Ju52, but I think you could let us have this for free as a redemption for the bugged product we still have after a year now…

Besides that, my photogrammetry melting issue didn´t get any better with the update. Still looks as sh**…

3 Likes

As some have found out, the POI’s may not work in the next leg. I found the flight plan had stuck in the autopilot when I bypassed one of the POI’s during a leg. The uncompleted flight plan carried to the next leg which made the autopilot usage impossible. In short, if there’s a missed POI in a leg, nothing is completed following that point. Wasn’t that way before.

EDIT: Just can’t get past the LOWS leg with the Austrian Bush Trip. Have flown all the legs and had a completion displayed but it’s not recorded as complete on the launch page. For me, one of the POI’s near LOWS doesn’t complete in the flight profile and it keeps later legs from completion. I give up on this one.

EDIT 2: Jumped into the Swiss Lake trip and did the whole of it by the book. 3 Legs no big deal, right? Nope. The last leg failed to allow full trip completion. This reminds me of the problems that the Mariposa trip had way back when.

Edit 3: Managed to complete the Austrian trip by restarting from the beginning and back tracking once to pick up a POI from a previous leg that didn’t get checked off as complete. I can recognize there’s a problem at the beginning of a leg if the POI Bearing (BRG) at the top of the display doesn’t agree with the HSI course pointer (CRS). It appears to always be the last POI before landing at the end of the previous leg. I had a thought it may be related to landing and stopping short of the destination airports POI causing that last segment to be incomplete. Not sure yet. I over flew the last airport on the Swiss Lake trip before landing but it still shows that last segment as incomplete. I’ve finished 2 of the 3 problem trips but I’m not sure of a trick to keep the POI check of completion that sticks.

1 Like

Hi,
I cannot finished the last leg of the Austria bush trips (87%) ?
Do you know why ?

1 Like

all the bush trips are broken after the first 3-4 legs.

2 Likes

I have completed all except the Swiss Alpine which I’m half way thru. Look at my edit 3 and the key is to find and complete from the POI that broke the link. I’m testing the destination overflight idea on this last trip. I may not finish until next week as other duties have come up.

EDIT: Got to leg 5 with the Alpine trip with things working ok when I lost throttle control and had to land near but not on the destination. That borked the POI flight profile and I could not recover it even trying from eariler legs. So it’ll have to wait until I can restart that one from the beginning.

Thought I would vote for this. I am having the same issue as a lot of people. If I select Back on Track it will go to POI 3 for example, when I’ve flown that POI over an hour ago. Also, the route disappearing is still an issue on the mini map. (The temporary solution suggested above does work to prevent the mini map from dissapearing).

2 Likes

Yes it does happen ( broken POI Bearing (BRG) that don’t match with the CRS indications) if you crash or land unexpectedly. Please Asobo fix this in your next SU.

2 Likes

Anyone having problems with AUSTRIA TYROL HIGH MOUNTAINS leg 5? The Poi’s aren’t shown and the runway can’t be seen. It’s only a 4 minute flight supposedly. Plus other Bush trips appear and reappear randomly.

1 Like