[SU7] End-Of-Flight logbook popup suppression: Still creating bogus zero minute logbook entries

Hello,

I have the same problem. My takeoffs are not implemented only my landings.

MSFS version 1.12.13

1 Like

Some reported that devmode should not be enabled if you want your flight logged. I never tried it, I donā€™t care about the logbook. Maybe it will help you though.

Iā€™m not sure why thereā€™s a section for takeoffs anyway. I imagine they will remove it in the future.

Takeoffs, and landings for that matter, likely wonā€™t be recorded if you do not interact with ATC.

If you look to the menu at the tops open the Objectives window. This is what the sim is expecting you to do next. The logging is tied to these objectives, rather than detecting wheels up!

If you start cold, and dark at an untowered field, 99% of the time your takeoff will not be logged as you canā€™t complete some necessary steps. It doesnā€™t detect you have entered the runway from holding short. Thus it doesnā€™t know you have taken off as you have effectively skipped a step. There is some hard trigger here which is altitude based, I think, and it does skip forward, but by then itā€™s too late.

If you want a takeoff at an uncontrolled field to be logged reliably, I believe a runway start still works. Similarly, landings will log if you interact with ATC, request landing, then request taxi to parking, and shutdown. At uncontrolled fields, you can simply taxi off the runway until the ATC window show the option to announce you are clear of the runway. A shutdown at that position wherever it might be, will log a landing.

Itā€™s not particularly hard, and you do feel like you are jumping through hoops to achieve something that should be so simple, but it does work, and itā€™s all we have right now.

1 Like

Eh. I never interact with ATC and my logbook records the landings just fine.

Interesting. Care to shoot some video of you doing that at a towered field? A circuit should suffice, I expect. Cold, and dark, back to parking.

Even if you get it to actually generate a log, it wonā€™t record you takeoffs or landings, and I think in some cases it wonā€™t log your flight time either. I performed a circuit over the weekend just to test this without ATC, and got just that. Iā€™m not at my computer right now, but Iā€™d be happy to post my logs showing this.

For me at least ATC is necessary for it to work correctly.

Yeah, I could probably do that. I pretty much exclusively fly the A320 FBW mod, cold and dark with no flight plan initially entered (I set it up in the FMGC before flight), from towered airport to towered airport. I donā€™t use ATC because I donā€™t want to fight with it.

Hereā€™s a screenshot of the last few entries in my logbook. I realize this doesnā€™t prove I didnā€™t use ATC, but as far as I can tell, everything is still logged without interacting with ATC.

Thatā€™s a very good way of putting it. I enjoy the procedural aspects of it, so I donā€™t find it a chore until it starts telling me to go to 16,000ft when I am 8 miles from my destination. :wink:

Exactly! I love the idea of it too, but until it is more fleshed out, I just donā€™t feel like messing with it. Iā€™m sure in the future the bugs will be ironed out and weā€™ll have either a good out-of-the-box or 3rd party solution for better ATC.

1 Like

Anyone else having an issue with their logbook? I have been having issues with the past 2 flights, with logbook updating my flights. My flights in logbook donā€™t show landings, flight time or airports that Iā€™ve landed in.

For example, I flew from Atlanta to Frankfurt. When I landed, the logbook showed, 0.00hrs flown, says I flew from KATL to KATL. The same thing happened when I flew from Frankfurt to New York and Orlando to Chicago.

Do you happen to have the dev mode turned on? Flights flown with dev mode on wonā€™t record in the log.
Regards

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been tweaking settings during flights to optimize FPS. My last 4 flights show take-off and landing but no time credited. I opened and closed dev mode a few times during these flights to check FPS as I tweaked. Could sporadic use of dev mode during a flight affect the logbook?

I believe that is one of the causes, yes.

I havenā€™t tested turning dev mode on/off several times during a flight, but I suspect any time you turn dev mode on during a flight, it wonā€™t log the flight at all.
Regards

Yes, you are correct. Completed a dev free flight. Logbook updated correctly.

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
no
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
no
Brief description of the issue:
Ever since 1/26/20 no takeoff and landing are shown. The last few days I have been using the 208B Caravan maybe 30 or so takeoffs and landing and nothing
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
RTX 2080 Super with i5 9600k
Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
no

My log book was not working either until I read that the log book is not activated in Developer mode.

I believe you have to shut down and turn the master off as well.

The ā€œtimesā€ are logged properly in my case.

The takeoffs are still ā€œzeroā€ ā€¦ so the bug from previous versions is still present in 1.12.13.0

1 Like

Just checked with release 1.13.16.0 ā€¦ and the ā€œtakeoff = zeroā€ bug continues to inflict magic on my logbook.

Hmm ā€¦ seems like the Logbook problem has gotten worse (again) with 1.13.16.0.

• For the first time ever ā€¦ I now have a Logbook entry where even the aircraft is missing (empty field)
  • Since a long time ā€¦ I now again have an entry where my landings no longer get counted reliably.
1 Like