[SU7] End-Of-Flight logbook popup suppression: Still creating bogus zero minute logbook entries

I have the same issue with logbook.

Checked my log book just now and also saw a bunch of empty zero hour entries from after I’ve shut down my plane. I’ve also noticed that if I have a window open like a checklist it briefly flashes off and on again when the ‘end flight’ screen would usually pop up so yeah it just looks like they took the lazy way out and just made it hit ‘continue’ automatically as soon as the end flight screen would pop up. Bit of a joke really.

1 Like

It seem the already broken logbook logic is now even more broken.
After one completed flight from cold start to shut down I exit back to the main menue because otherwise the Logbook doesn’t record the correct number of TO/Landings etc. (bug since day one)

Now it adds another flight in the logbook with 0 TO and 0 Landings for the same aircraft at the last airport.
I am truly sorry but this is incompetence at this point.

1 Like

This has been reported.

As a work around initially some would hit “continue” to close the logbook. This caused the extra entry. It appears the “fix” incorporated this same logic.

As for the missing takeoffs that occurs when using third party ATC or using other flight plans.

I haven’t gotten a take off since using Pilot2ATC.

I noticed in the assistance options an option to end the flight when you shut down the engine. It is true by default and maybe that makes it log another flight after shutdown. Maybe setting that to false would help as then the same flight would or should continue until you exit to main screen.

Setting it to false will cause the logbook to pop up before you power off the engine.

(How it was before the update).

Then, if you click continue to complete the shutdown, you get the extra entry like we’re seeing now.

In a world where perfection is hard to find, I find that the logbook is fine, never had a problem with it. So what if you have an extra entry 0,0? It is not going to affect anything in your record
 These are extreme complains that fog this forum. The sim is getting better and better and I for one, enjoy the progress. This is my personal opinion.

1 Like

Agree with @TunefulLlama39 about the “Forum Fog.”

The logbook has been buggy since August of 2020. An update wiped out nearly 1000 hours from mine. I could post how upset I was (I wasn’t) or how incompetent “they” are (they aren’t) and then gripe about anyone posting an opinion different than my own. Heaven forbid any of us express a different point of view on this forum. (Google “Echo Chamber”)

The “Forum Fog” has been so thick, for so long, that my participation in the discussion has fallen off to just about nothing. Fully three out of five (go ahead
 count 'em) topics are some sort of complaint or gripe, often with a lament about how something so “simple” could be so difficult to fix. The Monday Morning Quarterback syndrome is alive and well.

MSFS is not perfect, but it’s what we have. It is so far beyond any other flight simulator - other than commercial trainers costing multiple millions - even with the imperfections, that to complain about it seems very entitled and spoiled.

1 Like

Never let it bother me personally, doesn’t spoil my enjoyment although I understand the perfectionists.

Would be nice, however to be able to amend/delete entries?

1 Like

I would love to be able to export it!

2 Likes

The book has been broken since day 1. It’s why I always run Volanta with my sim. That has yet to fail several months of use and it saves much more detail about my flights than the logbook does. Try it.

2 Likes

I do use SimBrief/Navigraph to create my flight plans and then load them into the sim
so I will try a flight simply created in MSFS to see if that makes a difference.
However
this Logbook thing should really not be that bloody hard to get right
 After all FS9, FSX had working logbooks.
I do realize the whole structure around is different
so one can not simply copy and paste from the old sims into MSFS. But you also can not call this GOTY and get the basics right.
Oh
just realized it is GAME of the Year and not Simulator of the Year.

Yes it is your personal opinion,just like it is mine.
A logbook for a pilot is something that is holier than the bible. And for most of us who have flown IRL that translates into the sim and since the function is there it should be working correctly.

2 Likes

The sim is only an approximation of real life, the log cannot be edited yet, you keep your log IRL. Is there any sim out there with a 100% accurate log? Give Asobo a break, they have other bigger issues to fix. I’m sure that many pilots have made errors in their own log IRL or forgot to include a compromised flight. I’m pretty sure that drugs flight pilots don’t keep a log, so much for a " a logbook is holier than the bible"

Yes the sim is an approximation of real life and trust me I ma giving Asobo a ton of breaks with all kinds of other ■■■■ that isn’t even close in this SIM at this point.
The Logbook should not be one of those things where they need the best of their programmers to get even half decently working. What they have now is far from that.

Funny how folks who claim not to care about one item or another always feel they have to come to ASOBOs defense.
And with that I am done arguing with you about something that doesn’t matter to you.

1 Like

That is very nice to know, thank you.

1 Like

I would like not to have a new Logbook Entry when shutting Battery and Avionics of our Aircraft down.
It should stay on the same Entry when we continuing our Flight please.

And this is why everyone is currently using MSFS, all the other sims are dead. Or are they?

What are some of you guys blabbering on about? This is the “Miscellaneous” section of the “Bugs & Issues” forum:

If this is the first bug report forum for you or the purpose is a bit foggy to you - it’s meant to collect feedback about issues (regardless of their gravity), to verify and confirm bugs and buglettes and - if need be - to investigate them in order to create a meaningful bug report. It’s not meant for meta discussions and musings about the decline of whatever.

SU7 tries to improve an old issue and this thread is to clinically point out how exactly that improvement failed to meet more than half of the expectations: The popup interrupted reenacting shutdown procedures and discouraged training them this way. The current simple kludge meant to address this is merely clicking the dialog away automatically (which is also still noticeable) and hence it leaves the other part of the issue with this (surplus zero time logging cluttering up the logbook) untouched.

A better implementation could be using the [ESC] key as a trigger for the same logbook dialog, that way the user can decide when he wants to see this and either go to the [Main menu] or [Continue] for another flight to be logged. Zero hours entries (maybe because the user changed his mind about another flight) should be automatically purged.

2 Likes

Aha, I get the logic now - once the aircraft is “shut down” the sim makes a new logbook entry. It then expects another “flight” but if this doesn’t happen it makes a zero hours entry on exiting. In a way this makes sense because you don’t need to go back to the beginning to start another flight if nothing else is changed.

I can live with that - but it would make much more sense for zero hours “flights” to be ignored in the sim logbook, just as they are in real life. Or give us the ability to delete them.

2 Likes