SU7 VR comments?

Well, in X-Plane I learned to appreciate the right controller to operate the panel and found it in most cases superior (quicker and more natural) to a mouse pointer. I agree with handling the controls via the controller being quite pointless, although there are cases where it turned out to be a viable alternative (the short joystick of the Lancair Legacy for example, which has just the right position to fly the plane in a very relaxed way, with the left hand and the controller resting on my lap).

This is also something they should look at: In XP, both controllers are doing the same by default, I can use both controllers to either operate the knobs and switches and the yoke and if the right controller has a dead battery I can still use the left controller in my right hand to operate the panel or prop and mixture etc. The option to dedicate the controllers for specific roles is nice to have, but having to do that is not.

When well implemented, the 6 degrees of freedom in both hands can allow extremely precise inputs. For example in VTOL VR, it becomes possible to vertically land a jet on a helipad whilst simultaneously providing air support from the gimball cannon… However it is one of those things that you cant fully appreciate until you’ve tried it, a bit like the VR headset itself.

The current controls implementation in MSFS is nowhere near this unfortunately.

This camera setting solved the toolbar-problem for me too!

the camera setting makes the toolbar working for me too

but i am totally unable to understand how we can use the controlers to manages anything in the cockpit. For small buttons, quite impossible to target them, for the yoke, in the TBM for example, just by moving the small yoke on the left controler we can act on the flight but i don’t see the yoke moving…

I continue to use my T16000 yoke which is far easier for me.

Your work-around does not work for me. In my opinion this CTDs are caused by the new OpenXR Version 108 and we cannot go back to Version 107.

Have you checked and voted here?

What a mess. Unable to use toolbar in VR with mouse. Invisible C208 cockpit. TBM930 broken with no ignition switch, yoke can’t be hidden, engine sounds like a bag of nails.
All my settings messed up, so reset them… but then they reset themselves when restarting.
I’m far from impressed and now have a useless sim!

1 Like

Thanks buddy! Great hint

After updating SU7 the VR performance is very poor. In bush trip not able to interact with Nav and VFR map with mouse that sticks of the windshield at the beginning of the flight. Overall very poor experience after the upgrade and there is no option for downgrade it.

Yep, already voted :+1:

1 Like

Just tried out the vr controller method, its not for me. Even with practice i doubt i’d like it, it felt a bit stupid grabbing a non existent yoke and throttle. I imagine its better than mouse and keyboard for flight control though. But if you have hotas or a yoke, then no. You wouldn’t use vr controllers in a driving game either if you had a physical steering wheel etc.

But well done to Asobo for bringing this option to us.

Once the hot fix is out and VR becomes usable again I plan on using my left hand on the physical yoke and using the right controller for the cockpit interaction. That’s what worked for me very well on X-Plane.

1 Like

Make sure full screen optimization is checked on the Flightsimulator.exe file. Helped me, after update mine was switched.

Exactly! I’ve set WIndows 10 to a restore point before the OpenXR update and I’m back on 107 and it works flawlessly.

Any ideas how to “officially” rollback the OpenXR runtime?

Believe it was BufordTX over in MSFS general discussion. He’s had some super tips in the past.

1 Like

No worries they already have your cash… oh and have a wonderful day

Not in my case. I updated Open XR just before getting SU7 and for me at least the sim has been the most stable it has ever been for me. In fact so far after around 9-10 hours of use I have not had a single CTD. Well I did have one only, and that was only after I changed to DX 12 Beta. That gave me stutters and a CTD pretty quickly. Back to DX 11 and solid as can be for me - so far.

I do get a crash after ending the flight if I try and exit VR while still in the plane, so now when I finish my flight I escape to the main menu and then exit VR and get a clean exit.,

1 Like

My only issues were the 33 GB download I now only have about 50GB left on my C/drive SSD. The Oculus update a few days ago makes "airlink " unable to pair to my computer. So I have reverted to virtual desktop and steam open XR. Also I cannot access the ATC AI weather etc even CNTRL 0 zero doesn’t work for me.
VR is extremely clearer, the brightness gone and no stutters whatsoever. After a bit of getting used to the oculus controller’s work great although very sensitive when trying to handle the yoke,I tend now to use the inbuilt sticks, which has made my PS4 controller obsolete. So now I can truly be away from my PC. Something I have wanted for a very long time no more having keyboard and mouse tethered with wires.

What GPU, GPU driver and Windows version are you using?

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 496.84 (Hotfix), Windows 11 Version 21H2. OS build 22000.318.