SU7 VR comments?

Have you checked and voted here?

What a mess. Unable to use toolbar in VR with mouse. Invisible C208 cockpit. TBM930 broken with no ignition switch, yoke canā€™t be hidden, engine sounds like a bag of nails.
All my settings messed up, so reset themā€¦ but then they reset themselves when restarting.
Iā€™m far from impressed and now have a useless sim!

1 Like

Thanks buddy! Great hint

After updating SU7 the VR performance is very poor. In bush trip not able to interact with Nav and VFR map with mouse that sticks of the windshield at the beginning of the flight. Overall very poor experience after the upgrade and there is no option for downgrade it.

Yep, already voted :+1:

1 Like

Just tried out the vr controller method, its not for me. Even with practice i doubt iā€™d like it, it felt a bit stupid grabbing a non existent yoke and throttle. I imagine its better than mouse and keyboard for flight control though. But if you have hotas or a yoke, then no. You wouldnā€™t use vr controllers in a driving game either if you had a physical steering wheel etc.

But well done to Asobo for bringing this option to us.

Once the hot fix is out and VR becomes usable again I plan on using my left hand on the physical yoke and using the right controller for the cockpit interaction. Thatā€™s what worked for me very well on X-Plane.

1 Like

Make sure full screen optimization is checked on the Flightsimulator.exe file. Helped me, after update mine was switched.

Exactly! Iā€™ve set WIndows 10 to a restore point before the OpenXR update and Iā€™m back on 107 and it works flawlessly.

Any ideas how to ā€œofficiallyā€ rollback the OpenXR runtime?

Believe it was BufordTX over in MSFS general discussion. Heā€™s had some super tips in the past.

1 Like

No worries they already have your cashā€¦ oh and have a wonderful day

Not in my case. I updated Open XR just before getting SU7 and for me at least the sim has been the most stable it has ever been for me. In fact so far after around 9-10 hours of use I have not had a single CTD. Well I did have one only, and that was only after I changed to DX 12 Beta. That gave me stutters and a CTD pretty quickly. Back to DX 11 and solid as can be for me - so far.

I do get a crash after ending the flight if I try and exit VR while still in the plane, so now when I finish my flight I escape to the main menu and then exit VR and get a clean exit.,

1 Like

My only issues were the 33 GB download I now only have about 50GB left on my C/drive SSD. The Oculus update a few days ago makes "airlink " unable to pair to my computer. So I have reverted to virtual desktop and steam open XR. Also I cannot access the ATC AI weather etc even CNTRL 0 zero doesnā€™t work for me.
VR is extremely clearer, the brightness gone and no stutters whatsoever. After a bit of getting used to the oculus controllerā€™s work great although very sensitive when trying to handle the yoke,I tend now to use the inbuilt sticks, which has made my PS4 controller obsolete. So now I can truly be away from my PC. Something I have wanted for a very long time no more having keyboard and mouse tethered with wires.

What GPU, GPU driver and Windows version are you using?

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 496.84 (Hotfix), Windows 11 Version 21H2. OS build 22000.318.

Dunno why but this evening my performance has tanked, no reason (no Updates to drivers or anything since yesterday) as I just did what I always do. Never had this issue prior to SU7, they need to get a grip on VR. I was hoping this update wouldā€™ve been the start of better things to come but it appears itā€™s just gone backwards, I had very little faith in the Devs since release and now Iā€™m just tired of this constant battle to get the Sim working correctly - sort it out Asobo PLEASE

1 Like

Best update so far for me. Very smooth and finally those (VR?) glitches are fixed; the schimmering horizon, one eyed reflections and ugly alpha mask cutouts. Only the too low weather when not at sea level is annoying.

Updated SU7, got Reverb G2 on friday. Finally today, i did get perfect settings (Sharp and good outside visuals) for my VR experince with these:

NVIDIA:
Nvidia upscale sharpness 50%
HAGS Off (Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling)

OPENXR
Latest preview openXR off
OpenXR render scale 90
Motion reprojection AUTOMATIC

IN GAME:
Render scale 100
Photogrammetry off
Terrain lod 100
Object lod 100
Scenery pre caching: ULTRA

Everything else on MEDIUM, exept Clouds HIGH. I also use google maps ortho instead of bing.

So i was told, once you try VR, you never go back. And now i have feeling, i will not go back for a long time.

3 Likes

It looks like the weather engine is computing cloud base based on MSL and not AGL. METAR cloud base is always computed at AGL or height above the airport elevation. I noticed clouds raking the surface at several airports when METAR was reporting cloud bases at 1000ā€™ or more.

2 Likes

Glad you are getting good performance. There are so many variables not the least of which are computer specs, drivers, OS, and what tweaks if any you apply to windows, Nvidia, and other software (OXR/WMR, etc) that itā€™s difficult to lock in generic settings that will work for everyone. I think the only common thread thus far for most users is DX12(beta) is not ready for prime time and degrades performance rather than enhances it.