SU8 VFR map broken

™ PC store version premium deluxe, win 10 pro 64 latest version.

1. Since SU8 was released, VFR map opens up at max zoom every time. I use the centre mouse wheel to zoom out but it doesn’t hold upon next opening up the VFR map.

Well done for providing zero information

Please explain more of what you are doing.

What didn’t you understand? The VFR map keeps resetting to full zoom in.

No need to be on the offense. Let me know what info you say is “no information” and I’ll protract as much as possible.

Also i just noticed that the flight plan on the FBW 320 doesn’t show up on the MFD. It is blank

Do you want screen shots?

Also mid flight my FPS tanked from 35 FPS to 6 in the FBW A320 ,totally crippled my system

the culprit was the vfr map being open ,closed it and frames shot back up to 35 fps and the 1.5 hour flight was smooth apart from the mid flight glitch due to the vfr map, so something must be broken in that respect

1. OK… I plan a flight. I get into the FBW 320 and set up for flight per usual. I hit “V” to bring up the VFR map. It is zoomed in as far as it can go. I zoom out to see more of the plan, then hit “V” to close the VFR map. The next time I hit “V”, the VFR map is zoomed in fully again. It doesn’t remain zoomed out to where I previously set it. This only began to happen after SU8

2. Looking at the plan in the FMC, all is good, but there is nothing on the MFD. Only circles around each waypoint. No line showing the plan. Again, this only started after SU8

Disregard the winds aloft bug for now.
I only need to know why the flight plan line has disappeared from the MFD. and why the plan line isn’t showing up on the MFD.

I am now about to fly. I will take screenshots and post them later. Maybe someone will be respectful this time around. I am a RW commercial and retired USNavy fighter pilot with over 15K hours.

Please be respectful. No reason to be sarcastic with me. I’m not stupid as you infer. If you only have mal intent and want to be rude, then please don’t reply @gordongreig - being impolite is worse than saying nothing at all.

System specs:

i9 10900k, 64Gb 3200 DDR4. ASUS ROG STRIX Z490K, Nvidia RTX 2080ti, Win 10 pro x64 fully updated on 450Gb SSD, MSFS2020 on 2Tb SSD clean install, Add-ons on 1Tb SSD, All drivers fully updated, 34" curved Gigabyte screen - resolution 2560 x 1440, refresh 165Hz

1 Like

I can confirm the bug since the su8 beta

2 Likes

There’s a thread on the VFR map with a vote already here - VFR map slow to load and resets after being closed

3 Likes

What version of the FBW are you using?
Do you have the latest?

Thank you!!

Of course I’m using the latest FBW but it makes no difference what aircraft one uses. It’s happening to other people. Topic has been moved. Link below…

This link

I do not think anyone is calling you stupid, just asking basic questions to help you. No one here is employed to do this favour for you please realise this if you want help. Clarification is essential to diagnostics.

The question was in regards to this.

1 Like

Because I’m not the only one with this problem Topic has been moved to!:

My bad. That problem is gone since I uninstalled and reinstalled the FBW and it suddenly came good.

Sorry for the delay. I’m having chemotherapy 3 x a week. and haven’t been well.

Cheers

1 Like

I don’t envy you there!
I had a little bout with melanoma myself!

1 Like

Sorry to hear about that. There are many in the clinic with melanomas and I can see how badly it affects them.
Mine is non Hodgkin’s but I seem to be beating it. Dr says I’m in remission as of Friday. Fingers crossed. You take care buddy. My apologies for sounding grumpy. :pray:

1 Like

No problem, glad you got the flight plan issue sorted out, and seem to be getting the big C straightened out as well! :+1:

Thanks mate :+1::+1:

1 Like

Feel free to continue in the following topic: