SU9 public opt-in beta?

Will the SU9 Beta be able to cross play with the regular version for multiplayer? Or will it be its own thing like the SU8 Beta?

You will not be able to use multiplayer when on a beta, since not everyone is on that version.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure multiplayer was working last time.

1 Like

6,301,212 billion bytes.

No, no one knows yet…

It will not show anyone on the retail version (non-beta version).

It wasnt. If you were on the beta you could only see other people on the beta

2 Likes

It wasnt. If you were on the beta you could only see other people on the beta

That is also multiplayer.

he was talking about crossplay between both versions. He didnt suggest multiplayer didnt work so I assumed you were talking about the former

1 Like

Ah i see the misunderstanding now sorry :slight_smile:

Thanks for the answer - I do a group flight or two every week where most likely won’t be on the beta version. I am on Steam so switching between versions shouldn’t be too much of an issue. I guess we’ll see what’s in SU9 to see if it is worth checking out early.

I believe if you leave the Beta early (switch back and forth) the instructions say you may have to reinstall the sim. Best to be sure.

1 Like

I will make sure that my MSFS Backup and my OS backup is up to date “Prior” to joining the beta.
Then, if need be, I can opt out of the beta, restore my disk and be back up in about 20 minutes.

1 Like

Steam only downloads about a gigabyte worth of core game files and then flightsimulator.exe downloads the rest (official packages). Opting out of the beta early will mean Steam downloads the prior 1.24.5 core sim and then flightsimulator.exe will have to sort out the compatible packages content. I could imagine it making a big mess if something goes wrong, but I never tried it myself.

the beta is live on steam

1 Like

Release notes

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/sim-update-9-release-notes-1-25-4-0/507653?u=rebuffedbee9595

5 Likes

Personally most interested in Ongoing performance optimization work and the weather updates

1 Like

Yeah… but there’s no more detailed description about that “performance optimization”.

Yeah I don’t know whether it’s something they just say for every update - I don’t think so. But yes it would be good to see exactly what they’ve managed to optimize.

i don’t understand what is the meaning of clouds banding

I hate to sound ungrateful, and I know this post sounds ungrateful… but 90% of these SU9 fixes aren’t anywhere on the top bugs list or top wishilst. I just don’t understand. :frowning:

4 Likes