Sudden shift of winds on live weather

I was climbing out of Seattle when a sudden shift of the wind caused me to lose control of the aircraft and enter a sudden uncontrollable dive. Occurred on Xbox in the default A320N.

Weather is a riot just now. The TAT temps are spiking to 255C+ at certain altitudes which is causing these issues. I think they’re still trying to figure it out.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/sim-update-7-live-weather-regression-a-broken-mess/

Same thing happened to me on a flight from ktpa-kind. Was bouncing all over the place from GA to KY off & on. Once I started my descent everything smoothed out & landed like butter.

Never seen that before.

Xbox Series S

same thing happen to me on PC, climbing out of Amsterdam in the 787

1 Like

Yeah same thing just happened to me climbing out of EGCC (Manchester), tailwind went to about 200 knots and the plane became uncontrollable. Never happened to me before

Just adding to the mix, first time this has ever happened to me as well - flight today (kclt-kbwi) A320 climbing through f/l 250 sudden wind shift and aicraft went out of control/instant speed drop from 250 to 140. PC version. Another bug after the last update? Are we going to have to disable live wxr now too?

We may have to disable Live Weather for now. saw that in a different post and it seems to be working. So disappointing!!!

I hope this ends soon.

Had the same issue yesterday, sudden strong shift in wind at altitude (it’s not unusual but not to that magnitude and that often!)

Has it already improved today?

Had the same thing happen when climbing ~24,000 feet over northern Washington state. Sudden heavy rocking from side to side and bumping sending me to a stall from which I was able to recover… only to then get it again and receive critical damage.

Had the same. Yesterday and today out of Austria. The FBW A20N lost the controls and speed, it ended in a spiral dive and a crash. The same happens to me between FL240 and 250. Hopefully Microsoft is working on it.

Good tp know, I’m not the only one with thiis problem. Experimentef yesterday withe several locations (Germany, France, Oregon, Canada) and AC (A320NX, B787, TBM) and found it’s consistent you cant climb above FL240 without getting into serious chaos.
Hope Asobo can fix it quickly.

1 Like

I am also having the same problem, now I have to deactivate live weather…very frustrating.

1 Like

Got the same problem since last night. AX32 NX. Tried everything. This is a disaster … everything seems to be ok. Suddenly at about 25,000 feet absolutely uncontrollable despite AP. Speed from 280 to 120 violent rocking Loss of control!

1 Like

The same in my flight today from EDDL to LGIR.

Still happening for me, sudden loss of control at exactly 25,000ft

And again - the lapse rate has gone haywire with crazy air temp at altitude. Dual engine failure.
Hope the FBW team get the RAT working soon!
Anybody seen any feedback from Asobo?

Just flew a flight from phl-vps in a320N (stock) at FL310 and there was no issue with the winds & erratic behavior like yesterday.
Weather is still a different story. METAR at vps says broken @ 1100 AGL but it looks like i’m in fog at the gate.

I just logged on to VATSIM in Manchester to a clear sky, and then immediately heard ATC advising a few traffic of their altitude, which I’m assuming is this constantly broken live weather generating 1013 for them. It really is so bad that this is still going on, and it’s so unpredictable.