Suddenly ctd

thanks for the heads up

yeah all of a sudden, when loading a flight or even in menus, constant ctds now…i don’t think submitting a ticket will do anything. I’m not even getting an error message. There’s just too many graphics card/memory/server problems with the new version that suddenly show up.

See my update.

I too have experienced multiple ctd starting this morning. The ctd occurs while I am attempting to load the software. Shortly after the software finishes looking for updates, bang! Off it goes. I am beginning to wonder if things like this will ever get fixed by the MS/Adobo team.

1 Like

Same here, since yesterday i had random crashes with out any explanation as i had ultra stable sim ,smooth with out any issues for a long period. Possibly those crashes have to do with server issues and live weather and not from our systems/graphic driver etc.
I made a test flight for 40min with the new nvidia driver and everything was good. ( Hags ON)

It’s not Asobo. It’s the NAVIDIA drivers.

I completed another flight a few minutes ago. No issues. All I did was disable the windows graphics acceletator and back down the sim graphics settings from high to medium.

Just saw that new drivers were just released.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/new-nvidia-driver-497-29-has-been-released/483064?u=n347dt

But what changed since yesterday? We used the same driver with same settings with zero issues

1 Like

My flight just CTD with this new driver … DO NOT UPDATE NVIDIA !!! because it is impossible to rollback afterwards, as the “rollback” option does NOT highlight

1 Like

I had a Disco-Party of crashes yesterday with 472.12 ! At least in my situation i dont think its nvidia driver issue. I made a short flight with latest driver ( 497.29) and looked stable ( for 40 min)

still think it’s a joke…now Asobo has gone on holidays, i was hoping for a bit of stability for a couple of weeks, but then Nvidia takes over…seriously, guyes ?!? :roll_eyes:

Thanks for the heads up.

Running 497.09 Nvidia drivers and getting CTD during load screen of a flight from map view. The game just hangs on flight loading screen until it CTDs. Going to try new drivers…

New driver worked for me. Nvidia drivers 497.29. I was in flight for about 40 mins. My game DID crash after zooming in too far/fast near my arrival airport. However, this CTD has happened many times before, so I don’t believe it had anything to do with the current issue people are experiencing.

I should note, I changed the Texture Filtering Quality to High Performance.

Yesterday, I could operate the sim in safe mode which basically just limited my choice of aircraft. However, today, it still ctds if I try to run in other than safe mode. Further, in safe mode, there is no ATC, and the only flight navigation available is direct. I wonder what it will be like tomorrow?

By the way, I updated Nvidia to 497.29 and that had no effect on the sim. Still crashes or in safe mode operates direct VFR only.

I recommend 472.47 ( Early November, studio version) . I have the Beta…no CTD and good FPS since I installed this one last week. Still stable today

oh man… the OP ( @Thomas7878735 ) reported a CTD with

KERNELBASE.dll
0x80000003

and I assume nobody which answered here have the same error message in its log ( and most wrote in about 10 different topics about a here CTD ).

I hope for the OP (@Thomas7878735 ) that he get usefully hints from this not related posts :joy:

Still crashes to desktop with this update

Honestly the problem is on your side!

Try turning off the Windows Graphics Hardware Accelerator and back down the sim graphics one notch.

I’m flying again using the above.